Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are my plants ready for harvest?

Hi again,
    I'm trying to harvest at peak-thc and I have 3 different plants all different strains (jack the ripper, gsc, and tangie) here's a few trichome pics from my phone, I think I see a few Amber's but you be the judge. Thanks!
    Also, tomorrow will be day 63 since I switched them to 12/12, when I read they flower in 7-11 weeks does that mean 7-11 weeks from when I switched to 12-12 or from when buds formed?
    Last edited by Rick Sanchez; 05-07-2017, 12:55 PM.

You start counting the day you switch to the 12/12 schedule. Very nice, good job. I'd let 'em go another week

Comment

• Rick Sanchez
      Rick Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, will do - harvest set for Friday. I plan to make cannabutter and I can't seem to find a straight answer - how do I dry sugar leaves or do i just cook with them right off the plant? My strains should be 20+% thc so is it safe to assume 150mg thc/g of sugar leaves?

Wow mate, just wow!
    Just something that crossed my mind, the pics are very purpley, so doesn't that make it hard to see the colours of the trichome heads properly?
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      No man, you're totally on point with your girls. It's a matter of judging based on the strain you're growing and the breeders recommendations, and some close monitoring of the trichomes.

The thing with my girls is that I grew bagseed, and they turned out to be pure sativa landraces. It's normal for these kind of plants to take a minimal of 14 weeks to start being ready, and it's totally normal for them to take longer from all the research i've been doing.
      The plant genetics play a huge part in when to harvest.
      Mine have been flowering for 11 weeks now, and from judging the trichomes and bud size they still have a lot more potential to grow. I'm gonna harvest one of them in about 10 days, just to get a feel for the difference in harvesting at different times. I have a total of 4 girls, so i'm gonna harvest them incrementally, starting from week 12 all the way up to week 17.

Make sense?

• Rick Sanchez
      Rick Sanchez commented
      Editing a comment
      Makes sense. I knew about different strains and flowering times but i had no idea it made that much of a difference! I spent HOURS cutting last night and barally hung half my first plant - SO MUCH BUD!! Had to invite people over to help me tonight as its sooo repetitive, the bud I cut last night is hanging upside down and I hope that one extra day to dry compared to the rest doesn't change anything.

• GreenArmadillo
      GreenArmadillo commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome bro!
      Keep us updated on the curing and the smoking results.

If you have a way of checking the trics for some amber, you will know for certain it's time to chop

Comment

Holy shit. Harvesting tonight, I just found my macro lense and theres like 1/4 amber trichs!

Comment

I keep my tangie 70 days... but I forgot the breeder

Comment

And trichome check is always the most accurate way to tell when they're ready

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X