Air vent for loft space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air vent for loft space

Hi All, I am setting up in a loft space with a tent, I have a out let for the exhaust fan. Would it be best to have an in let from the out side to get fresh air into the tent at the bottom? The loft is well insulted and gets a bit warm in the day time so the air is not that fresh. Any help much appreciated.

Howdy bench, and welcome to the forum.
    The cooler air will be closer to the floor, so an inlet at the bottom of the tent would bring in the coolest air. What level of temperature does the loft get too? You might need to either vent the loft by using a window fan, or using a cooler unit (evaporative or refrigerant), assuming that there is a window in Your loft. I would need to know more about Your setup and situation, like can You cut a hole in a wall, install fixtures, etc. or do any modifications need to be temporary or removable?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hiya Green Thumb, Thank you. The space is in the roof, I have an old chimney which goes out throw the roof, the chimney is a 6in liner which I have moved to set up for the exhaust fan. I could make another vent throw the roof a bit further away, say 12feet, which I could then bring into the space in 4in plastic pipe. Should I connect this to the tent? or just have it next to the tent at the bottom. The tent will be 5ft by3by3ish. the height is fixed but okay in width 18ft plus each way. This is my first set up indoors, I live near the uk so I have to be a bit careful, I want to grow for medical reasons. Will check the temp in the loft tomorrow.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        FYI, that's DW2.

Using the outside air through an intake would be good. Especially if it helps you keep it cooler than getting the air from the loft.
      #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
      Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
      Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with Marley, but do put some kind of screen or filter media in line to help prevent critters from entering your tent and causing problems. A piece of window screen or cheese cloth to stop bugs, and not restrict the air flow too much.

Thanks DW2, sorry bit green behind the ear's. Thanks for your
      tips much appreciated. Hopeful I will make a good job and post some snaps when I get going.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a problem, just 'funning' You! (lol) I'm so green at this forum stuff, that I have, probably, pissed out a few folks by clicking or not clicking something.
        I do hope that You get Your grow setup and running. Half of the thrill is getting things to work, at least, for me it is.
        Have fun and good luck!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X