Bag seed grow journal entry #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag seed grow journal entry #1

Hey guys so i started this grow journal a bit late, early on in her development i had a bit of a scare and thought she was a gonner. What i thought was originally a nute burn i now believe was a case of almost drowning. She is now 3 weeks into growth and extremely stunted. She is however starting to show improvement since pulling through. I have her in my personal diy grow box made out of an old tote, which has an intake hole and exhaust fan. Her growth medium is currently 1/3 organic ecoscrap soil, 1/3 perlite, and 1/3 worm castings, in addition to an inch of perlite at the bottom for drainage. Currently she is under a 6500k cfl for seedling growth, and i plan on adding more as she gets bigger. Also for my next watering i have a casting tea that has been steeping for three days, fingers crossed it will help perk her up and promote some nice growth. Pictures of her are from oldest to newest btw.
    P.S.
    The pic of her in the grow box is not the current light or distance from the light that she is at. She is about 2.5" from the 6500k cfl simce it puts out no heat.
    Attached Files

Any advice or tips you guys might have would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I know we talked about this before, how is it doing now?

Comment

She slowly making progress, havent had to water her in a few day so i probably was over watering. Not sure bit it looks like her second set are yellowing slightly
        Attached Files

Comment

Is there dirt on the leaves, or are those black spots caused by something else? The soil looks very wet to me, and the symptoms remind me of root problems/overwatering, especially since it's such a small seedling in such a big pot. I think it may still be suffering from "wet feet" syndrome. How much water are you giving at a time, and how often? At this size it probably only needs a cup or two of water at a time, and some time to dry out between waterings. Once you start seeing new leaves every day, you can start watering it normally again

Comment

Ok will do, i havent watered her in a few days. Maybe im not getting good enough drainage? Or could a ph problem be causing the yellowing of the leaves?

Comment

And yes it is dirt lol sorry did mean to spray her off

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X