Clone Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Tips

Got clones to start my second hyrdo grow today. My friend told me something I had not heard before.
    Submerge the clones, entire plant, in pH balanced water for five minutes to kill any pests. Obviously not the microbes, but anything with legs will perish. Or maybe let go and float away.
    Anybody have additional tips?
    I'm not a clone maker, so these would be tips for a clone buyer/cultivator.

Obviously, low light to start, low nutes, etc. for the first week or so. Everybody should know that stuff.

Thanks in advance for insights.

That doesn't sound very true. You will just get the clones wet. I'm no profesional cloner but I've done it before with great success. Just cut some branches. Cut off all the leaves except a couple of big ones. And put them in water (the stem) so air bubbles don't form. From here you can use all kinds of chemicals but if you just leave it in some water and you change it daily after two weeks they will start to grow roots. Take more than you need so you can choose the healthiest ones to flower or to take more clones

Comment

Hi Jason, I think you're right on with drowning any outside clones in water
      The only time I ever got spider mites it was from outside clones. Plus when your clones come with spider mites you know it's gonna be the super hardy, dispensary special, red-dot kind that are seemingly impossible to kill.

The only other advice I'd give is to watch the plants carefully for the first month or so to check for any bug/infection issues.
      Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 05-04-2017, 04:03 PM.
      Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

It would if you added some hydrogen peroxide to the water, that's the recipe I read somewhere. One part peroxyde to 10 part water or something near that ratio.
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. Even powdery mold gets removed

My friend, who started doing this in Holland in the '80's, said even though he raises them in a sterile environment, moving them outside to transport them to me and meet in town, etc , exposes them
        to things we don't want in our grow rooms. So drown'em. Easy, non toxic, effective.
        Setting up now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X