Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebula's tutorials are meant to be read...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebula's tutorials are meant to be read...

...seriously, her and Sirius spent a buttload of time writing them, let's at least read some of them before asking questions...
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

I agree 100%. Most questions seem to be cleared up by using the tutorials, for me.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

Just saw this LA and agree totally
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Preaching to the choir : )
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

My personal issue is lack of time these days to check the forum and when I finally do it's the same question asked half a dozen times within the 1st three pages. Some are talking about separating help threads from the rest, just not sure who will check that section to help people out If questions are not weeded out(pun intended!).
          x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point. I didn't think about it like that. I just know something about this website and forum is very inviting and comforting for a first timer.

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here man, couldn't be where I'm at without y'all! I want to give back as much as possible but the repetitions make it harder.

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't believe all the threads repeated by different people or questions about simple things covered on the main site, it's getting ridiculous.

After having taught for decades, I totally understand that a lot of folks don't get it the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time--which I why I always recommend studying the pages seriously, and re-reading seriously.

I also know that there are many different kinds of learners: I myself learn well by re-reading and re-re-reading (and studying over and over the pictures of pollen sacs vs calyxes), but others are visual learners, and others have a lot of difficulty dealing with abstractions, which will be different to different people. Some folks simply aren't good readers. It's just not their strength, but that don't mean they stupid.

I have no problem cutting and pasting the same GWE pages as suggested reading over and over, as new learners come aboard. I mostly like to live by the addage, "Weed helps those who help themselves"--study, practice, learn from your mistakes, take notes, keep journals and keep reading!!!

But I also live by this: "From each according to his/her ability, to each according to his/her need"--Karl Marx.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            LuckyAcres I would suggest that "laziness" may not be the issue here: it's not like folks don't want to grow their own weed, but some folks just aren't good readers. Other folks aren't so outgoing as you are; others just may have a really hard time juggling lots of factors. Like I said above, people learn differently and one of. The things I like most of all about this forum is that it's quite tolerant of difference.

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            Atu, I'd imagine you are really well liked by your students. Your words are so comforting and true.

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said. I even took notes.

I've read through the GWE tutorials. I do have a couple of clarification questions when the time comes (once the seeds arrive and sprout.)

Comment

• Minoo96
            Minoo96 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's perfectly fine. These people will not eat you -nor me, i'm new too-. But they do ask to make a minimum of research before asking about a problem. If nothing settles your mind, ask away. Most often asked questions are answered in the tutorials, if you read them you will not need to ask those often asked questions
            Last edited by Minoo96; 05-03-2017, 06:55 PM.

Very True Lucky. I just started my 1st mainlining attempt & went straight to Nebula's tutorial & following it step by step. I may have to ask a question at some point but all the info is right there in simple steps so might as well use it.

Comment

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            at least you made the effort to read the articles beforehand. Sometimes questions need to be asked to clarify something but it's obvious to me some posters haven't even had a look at the GWE site before posting

I think sometimes people ask those question to get a foot within the warmth og the great communiy we got here. As a icebreaker

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with that; some folks are shy.

• Minoo96
            Minoo96 commented
            Editing a comment
            Imo, people on the internet, even shy people, tend to be extrovert. Trolls and all, they do what they do because internet provide them some "anonymity". So, shy? I'm not so sure... Impressed maybe ^^ Don't know where to start, how to start. Don't feel like creating a particular topic just to introduce themselves on a forum that might be DEDICATED to help growing. I hope you know what I mean.

You know, there have been a few posts that were a lot like to first few weeks of American Idol, where the real nut jobs come to sing their hearts out. Like that one grow with the fast food heating lamp, and everyone was like "Dood, at least get some CFLs". That was my favorite!
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Formernuke
            Formernuke commented
            Editing a comment
            At least it keeps the plants warm

• Jeg
            Jeg commented
            Editing a comment
            If it's good enough for my fries then why not!

• Tryitagainsam
            Tryitagainsam commented
            Editing a comment
            Myself, I love reading the requests for help, wish more would send the needed pictures. I'm a rookie here, so gleaning as much info as possible. It's nice when I see problems solved, and you folks here are wonderful with the amount of help you give us. Love those pictures 🤓

Also, just to add my little salt, as a new grower who tries to get the best from the first time, it can be... a bit scary to grow. "What if I was wrong? What if its something else? What if I missed something, altough I read thrice the tutorial?". That's how I was when I first posted... Eventually I understood every plant is different, every grower has their setup and preferences, and so their own experiences... Only recently did I re-read one tutorial ("7 things I wished someone had told me when I first started growing weed", real gold that one.) and noticed the bit of advice to take other's opinion with a grain of salt. There's so much to read in GWE (its not HUMONGOUS but its still a lot!) that sometime I skipped such crucial advice, I read it but I didn't register it, as I was still trying to process the other advice that came before ^^
          Meaning I'm not going to post about already answered questions, I will deal with the problems as they come, with the help of the GWE site. Only if a particular problem, rare enough to not be addressed in the tutorials, problematic enough that I cannot handle it alone, solve it using my knowledge and my brain, then I will post here asking for help. Meanwhile I browse the forum, trying to learn from other posts and replies. Adding my salt when I can. But I do agree I see a lot of repeat questions! Have you also noticed how the "maximum of people ever online" was 1050 something, and this number was hit this last month only. This tells me the site is growing in popularity, a lot of new people come to ask their questions (since every plant is different... But it often boils down to the same answers every time).
          Last edited by Minoo96; 05-03-2017, 06:36 PM.
          Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

I must have read all the articles on the site 10 times before I even planted my first seed. I learn best with a visual aid, so the pictures were always helpful. Always so thankful for Nebula and Sirius and the amount of work they put into helping us all be more successful. They've done an amazing job and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying it is very much appreciated!

Comment

• Tryitagainsam
              Tryitagainsam commented
              Editing a comment
              Ditto, Ditto. The site is person to person interaction we all want. Amazing how you created both the GWE site and this forum. You have our thanks!!

I think it takes a village to teach a village how to growweed easy. I have had to read the articles over and over, take notes, go back and read again, take more notes, amend the notes and go back and read again. Now if that's my own experience learning to GWE, and I am a halfway decent learner, I can most certainly understand that the GWE website can seem very daunting to lots of people who are trying to GWE. Nebula and Sirius are so smart, so well-educated on all levels--chemical, botanical, agricultural, etc, etc.--and so articulate. But you have to be able to stay with the information they provide, digest it and put it into practice.

I agree with what everyone else is saying--I lose my patience with lazy students who aren't willing to stretch and exercise their brains--, but I also understand that not everyone is ready. So some will eliminate themselves cuz they really aren't ready to do what it takes to GWE. Ya gotta get through the hard parts of the learning curves before it becomes easy.

Hmmmmm..... Maybe GWE should be subtitled like this:
            GWE (ASS TAE SECAC)

(After serious study, trial and error, sustained effort, commitment and concentration)
            Last edited by alltatup; 05-04-2017, 05:38 AM.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
              Bikerstonrr commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, I know it is difficult for me to admit my level of ignorance (not stupid, just lack of personal experience). I have read and re-read the tutorials and due to my difficulty with my memory, I go back to the tutorials all the time. When I either confused by the info, happens a lot, or can't find the answer, seldom, then I bring it to these wonderful people and they always set me straight, sometimes with conflicting information.lol.

I have read through almost all of them before i even started growing.. and watched hours of how to grow videos and so forth... But there are some questions i had that were not answered clearly to me, But i did try to find the answer first... google is an amazing thing (sometimes) then again thats my two cents.. i also post useful information i find... but i love you guys!

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Want to come help me with a problem I can't figure out. Nute burn but I don't use much nutes? Cal deficiency is as close as I can come up with but now what. You don't have to I'll figure it out but friendly advice would be great.

• Inuart88
              Inuart88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure give me a link! Heading to bed soon so be snappy young whipper snapper

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Jeg's journal but I'm done for the night also. My hightime starts at 4am-6am.http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...eg-s-journal-2

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
            LuckyAcres I would suggest that "laziness" may not be the issue here: it's not like folks don't want to grow their own weed, but some folks just aren't good readers. Other folks aren't so outgoing as you are; others just may have a really hard time juggling lots of factors. Like I said above, people learn differently and one of. The things I like most of all about this forum is that it's quite tolerant of difference.
            Forgive my silence it's been a crazy day/night, not over yet!
            i fully agree with you. This morning I came across posts on pages 1,2 and 3 that were written similarly and asked the basic same question. Question answered in the section beginners shopping list. That's laziness. Nebula has it clearly stated on what to do before asking question. Not taking the time to read through the most recent posts is laziness. But I didn't mean to stir such a debate, my issue was simply with that. I was going with the idea of to teach them how to fish etc.... I've asked stupid ass questions in my early gwe days(6 months ago???!!), got checked by a couple people on it, thanks grenn75!, and i yeah I agreed with them I got lazy. Nothing wrong with getting checked once in a while.

Comment

• Jeg
              Jeg commented
              Editing a comment
              Debate yes but not a heated one. I personally needed to be put in my place a bit. I've been being one of those panic button pushers. For me it was the first time I had talked to anyone about my plant and I was like a kid in a candy shop! I see the error of my ways now but I'm just one newcomer. So maybe it's a pass the torch kind of thing and some of us new smarties can lighten the load for y'all. It's all good though right?

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              LuckyAcres And I agree with you: it's always better to teach someone to fish...

Jeg I think most of us are like that at the very beginning; I know I was for sure!! How I see it: there are so many factors to juggle when one is first learning to grow. It's like you have to keep about 16 balls in the air, rather than 2 or three. I panicked a few times on my first grow, during the great root rot depression of grow # 2, and I reserve my right to panic on this grow if I run into something I don't understand/don't know how to handle.

GW is EASY, once we master the basics, we understand our roots and our nutes, our pH and our leaf appearance, we master the art of viewing trichomes, we master the art of the dry and the cure: it's really a lot!!!

And yes, it's all good here: I think we all love a good discussion that broadens everyone's understanding.
              Last edited by alltatup; 05-04-2017, 03:51 AM.

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen, Tat, Jeg, and Lucky! I love everyone here, helpful and friendly, a little weird... All AWESOME! You guys are the best.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X