Smoke vs Vape effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke vs Vape effects

I'm very happy with the quality of my first grow of Lavender 2. I've been having fun playing with the flowers.
    One thing I noticed that is very striking is the different results of smoking (bong) and vaping. MUCH better buzz vaping.
    Friends I've given some to, say the same thing.
    I've smoked and vaped previous purchases and have never experienced such a difference between the two delivery techniques.
    Usually, the smoke is a bit heavier or stronger. But its sort of a draw. And I'll switch back and forth.
    With the Lavender, at least the ones I got, the vape is a much faster, more intense elevating high. A couple of good hits and its over.
    The smoke is slightly heavier, but not near as intense. Three, four hits and wanting more.
    Friends concur.
    Vaping will help keep this stuff around longer.
    Any insights or similar experiences?

I must be doing something wrong (not the first time lol). I find the vaping experience to be lacking. I have a Grenco G-Pen, it's highly rated but compared (same strain same amount) smoking out of a bowl seems to be better. If you have experience could you help me. Try PM. Thanks in advance.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

I have a hand held vaper that looks like an electric toothbrush without the toothbrush. Pennacle. But it died after less than 2 years. I liked it when it worked.

Now I vape using a quartz extension on the bong. I load a hit of ground flower into it and heat gently with my Blazer (Japan, 1980's version). Inhale very slowly.
      The herb turns to black toast, but not ash. Almost zero smoke if you handle the torch properly.
      The big problem is catching a strong buzz as you're inhaling as slowly as possible.
      Exhaling I see vape not smoke. My lungs feel the difference.

If your device has temperature settings you might try a higher setting. Mine had four settings and I used number 3. Four was just too hot with no benefit and two left the flower with active ingredients.
      Good luck.

A friend has a Volcano and he describes effects similar to what I get comparing vaping and smoking this flower.

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
        Bikerstonrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I will try again. Don't want to give up on a $150 investment.

I have a bong and the Volcano.
      I prefer bonging....more of a body high than I get with the vape.
      The vape is nice for stealth smoking...almost no odor.

I'm also one of the only people I know that coughs my lungs up when vaping, but rarely happens when bonging.

In time of dire need...no weed to be had...which is why I am now growing....I've even smoke the ABV and caught a little buzz..

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
        Bikerstonrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Already Been Vaped

• Insight
        Insight commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey oldjarhead100.........I'm old too...sorry for using just the mnemonics...If I didn't own a vape....I'd have no clue also..

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        makes sense now that I see it hahaha

Since discovering vaporizing a few years ago, I can no longer smoke. I just find it too disgusting, inhaling all of those carcinogens and debris from combusting your herb.

I find that with vaping my herb lasts MUCH longer as it is much more efficient in extracting all of the "goodness" rather than burning it.

Below is a pic of my eNano vaporizer with a bubbler I helped design. Using a whip, I just love kicking back in the easy chair with some nice herb to vaporize.

Comment

I started vaping a few years back for fitness purposes and loved it. I could vape at night then wake up and run miles! the taste is soo much better!
        Perpetual setup!

Comment

The biggest thing that puts people off is when they use a potentially poor vaporizor. Unfortunately its difficult to find one that works well. The high is definitely different and whats more amazing is the temperature (if its got the right range of temperatures) settings seem to make the high different.
          Written Articles:
          Light Metric Systems
          Using Light Efficiently
          The Light Cycle Debate
          Environment Conditions
          Grow Light Technologies
          How To Compare Grow Lights
          To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
          Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Instagram

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally agree, dan: A really good, efficient vaporizer makes all the difference in the world.

I like to vary my experience. I am extremely fond of my Haze V 3 vaporizer because I can put wax in there, too. But it's great with ground herb.

When I'm with my homies, we pass joints or the bong. I don't use the vape with friends over.

Had lunch today with my friend that knows about the Lavender strain. It's very high in terpenes. Maybe that contributes to the vaping experience.
          A local shop sells rigs they say are specifically designed to "preserve" terpenes during consumption. Could be a myth.

Comment

I've vaped for a few years it's how I quit cigarettes. A couple of my friends only vape weed, don't like to smoke weed. In my my case I found its the ohm/voltage combo you have to monkey around with, to get the right hit. I still like regular pipes for pot. But dabs and hash are great to vape.

Comment

I have a kind pen and I just cant stand the taste. Maybe its just not good pen?

Comment

• Nsky
                Nsky commented
                Editing a comment
                Which one do you have? I've got about ten. I need them for nicotine but have vaped weed in a couple. You often need a screen, glass globe or the right coils to make a rig work for mj.

• Nsky
                Nsky commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you get a burning taste? Could be set too high a voltage.

Nsky its a status kind oen. It has a screen, ive used it at the advised 325, and 250.

Comment

• Nsky
                Nsky commented
                Editing a comment
                What are you putting in the pen?

• CCisme
                CCisme commented
                Editing a comment
                Just herb,

Or you can buy the Lexus of vapes like Green and I THE VOLCANO is the best!

Comment

My barber has had a Volcano for 10 years and swears by it. I haven't tried it.
                The roasting technique in the quartz bowl seems to work very well. A bit more of a dance than I like, but the effect is outrageous.

Comment

• Nsky
                  Nsky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your barber has a volcano. I LIke your barber! whatsa quartz bowl?

I use a firefly 2 through a bong and love it works great and if I don't use all of it I can save the rest.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X