Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THC & CBD Percentages: Anyone else run into low-THC strains that feel "strong"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fozzy
    commented on 's reply
    Me too!!!

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    I am looking into this now, what an interesting cannabinoid! I can't wait until we can actually research cannabis properly!

• fozzy
    replied
    I'm not sure if someone mentioned it above, but could it be a high THCv strain? I heard they are pretty rare. But the effects you had sound about right. Did you have the munches?

Leave a comment:

• bobsakamoto
    commented on 's reply
    do it!!!

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    You totally should and thank you for helping us share information

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    Hey, thanks for that! A great link I hadn't seen before! I'm not going to lie, when I saw that I suddenly wanted to publish my own paper

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    Yea i agree with you on the inconsistancies between labs, there doesn't appear to be clear cut protocols. However, i do want to reiterate, that they do measure weight vs weight. Also their results would likely be only ever undervalued never overvalued (except when applying incorrect chemistry math when calculating total THC). But personally i would be reading the raw data myself.

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    The deviations come from different protocols and standards used, also the level of care and controlled variability during the process. More higher quality labs will ensure these variables change as little as possible but yes these deficiencies can occur.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    hey dano check out the article i shared below, its from this year. im not saying the testing method is not scientifically accurate, im saying there are a lot of reasons why labs inflate their results and they are just inconsistent, the lowest test on the artiicle is 13% and the highest was 26%. there are social, economical and private interest and reasons to keep the scores high

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    No disrespect fingerleaf, but i have overviewed the parameters of both gas and liquid chromatography and understand how their results are established. The only problem i have are that from liquid chromatography and how some labs derive their results. But that comes down to poor chemistry math when they calculate the total percentage from THCA and THC. This has been noted by some labs and is easily rectified by overviewing and reanalyzing the raw data. The results are never permenently skewed.

If you can show if what i know is not the case, please do. But trust me that i have scoured the net when i was researching this last year and i believe the system is quite flawless, or practally anyway.
    If you would like to know further more i can elaborate.

• Jason
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for posting that. Very informative. I guess I won't be paying for any testing any time soon.

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    NebulaHaze check that text. Paragraph (g) refer to those low THC but very strong weed

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    I just want to add this extract submitted by Washington cannabis farmers council about his subject. This is from February of this year
    A white paper on cannabis potency testing and labeling that has been submitted to the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board by the Cannabis Farmers Council.

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    I wouldnt expect a CBD exclusive strain to have as much effect on pain, mostly because its not a physcoactive cannabinoid. For symptom relief, physcoactive THC strains should be the focus as its effects transcened downwards through the nervous system to alleviate multiple symptomatic expressions such as nausia, pain, discomfort, apetite etc. I should also mention that each strain has many other cannabinoids which alter or change the characteristic of how THC interacts with the body. So even if you have two strains with very similar THC to CBD ratio, the rest of the cannabinoids can make the two strains be completely different because of the previously mentioned endogenous cannabinoid system.
    What you are probably finding with your tolerance build up and recovery between strains, is the very aspect of how cannabinoids interacts with our CB recepters. Each strain holds the potential to have unique characteristics on our recepters and each time you change strain, you potentially alleviate some of your dependence. But this is going into unproven grounds and just based on my current understanding of human biology and my own "wide" experience of drug use.
    Its truely interesting though.
    Last edited by DrPhoton; 04-29-2017, 06:48 AM.

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    Read nebulas comment on this post. They try to make you believe it's a very straight forward weight comparison but it's not.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X