Do the females Need a male

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the females Need a male

Hey guys I have a weird Question I have 2 of what I think and am pretty sure a female plants do I need a male in order for the females to make buds? Or r these no good without a mr

No. In fact a male will pollinate the female and the buds will have seeds, so you don't want a male near the females.

Look through the articles on this site about how to identify the gender.
    #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
    Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
    Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Kool thanks I couldn't rly find a straight anser online thanks again I'll check tht out hope their both girls

Comment

You eventually want to see something like that.

#TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
        Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
        Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

Much like in nature, the male is only good for speeding it's seed.

Comment

Would tht be this

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              I think those might be stipules. Preflowers don't typically start showing until week 3 or so.

Yea I think ur right so they can still be either male or female their like 2 months old

Comment

Hi me again with a flowering question I'm jus pondering on if these are ready for 12/12 since last time I fimmed them n they instantly started growing those inner branches but I did one a few days before the other to see the results first n I'm pretty sure at this point that their both females and are growing pretty big their about almost 18 inches n I herd they get allot bigger after the switch would u say these are ready and can I put them both on 12/12 if ones is a little further along then the other?

Comment

• St.buds
                St.buds commented
                Editing a comment
                I normally only veg for 4 or 5 weeks I would switch to 12/12

Ok do u think I should trim or prune anything Ik it helps light get to the middle jus not sure exactly what to cut or trim

Comment

• Newf
                Newf commented
                Editing a comment
                You only need to trim or prune if the leaves are shadowing a bud site or if they are so far from the light that they won't help produce. Currently your plant is open and airy so i don't see anything that needs pruning. As far as when to switch to flower stage, it certainly is mature enough. Some strains will double in height during flowering stage so make sure you have room. Your plants are a little tall already. It always helps us to know what strain you are growing and under what lights. (Sativas tend to stretch more during flower than indica predominant strains).

I got those 2 from a oz of what was supposed to be mr nice guy or mr smiley or somthin like tht n I have a prograde 336 blue/red spectrum led light n also 2 of those silver clamp lights with a 1600 lumen led bulb in each its actually just in my closet I'm waiting on my tent also have a NL autoflower in there cuz Ik it won't rly be effected by the light change do u think thts enough light for the 3 or if having difrent kind of lights togeather would effect it negitivly thanks again for the advise

Comment

• Newf
                Newf commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry I am not the guy to ask about LED's. Hopefully one of the other folks here will comment. Usually having different lights together is only a good thing. In general using bag seed is a gamble. Firstly they can be male (so disappointing) Secondly, it means the weed was not sinsemilla (seedless) which means it came from a grower who didn't care if males were mixed in (poor bud quality) or the plants hermied (Hermied plant seeds are more likely to hermie themselves.) Your Northern Lights Autogrow is a great choice for a first grow. It is an easy to care for plant with good yields. Just be careful if one of the bag sees turns out to be male or hermies you don't want it near your NL when pollen in produced. Good luck.

These r the lights set up

Comment

Ok no probs I was gonna get a cpl cfl lights in the middle n I think their both males the middle branches tht sprouted they all have the little pistols I don think their the other things sory I forgot what their called again but I'm sure u get it they deff don't look like the sacks jus waiting ton see what happens in flower

Comment

Thanks again

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X