Fem white widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fem white widow

Has anyone grown feminized white widow with bubble buckets. Please provide information for me.
    thanks poppylon

White Widow is a great strain! What is your setup as far as grow lights, nutrients, etc?

Comment

Thank you Nebula I have read your info on grow easy . I love your site. I sure do appreciate all the hard work.
      1 2x4x5 grow tent
      2 300w leds full spectrum & 2. 3 light strings 75w CFL
      2 5gal bubble buckets complete with air pump and stone kit.6" pots
      1 combo floral grow kit w/ph up, down w/ color tester
      1 Hydro grow for roots
      1 Bag rapid rooter
      2 Bags Clay pebbles "came with bubble buckets "
      5 white widow auto female
      5 black jacks
      I ordered a 20x36x64 tent will be here Tuesday
      As you can guess I am a newbie. So any help would be appreciated. I have read your info on grow easy I guess I don't trust myself. Lol

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        White Widow is a great strain. Have grown her 2x in coco coir.
        I strongly suggest getting the Blue Lab pH tester. I used to use the liquid color tester BUT I don't consider it as accurate as the Blue Lab. Pricie yes but solves a lot of problems before they start. Well worth the price.
        Have a fabulous time with your girls!

Sounds like you're set to grow! Keep checking with GWE and it'll all come together. Start with growing cannabis in 10 steps, sounds like you're on step 6

Comment

I just finished my white widow grow, simply the best Ive ever had, although I'm exploring more. It was my first grow as well, in soil, no nutes, 5 oz for two plants.. my tent was 2x4x5 with 2 p300 led grow lights, actually was using one with my white widows, now using two in same tent for my northern lights, and it will stay that way, much better coverage. It was a pretty forgiving plant for me, best of luck and happy growing, its easier then it looks or sounds, I never thought Id get to harvest, let alone have great smoke in the end. You'll be just fine I'm sure
        "Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana"
        - Les Claypool

Comment

• Poppylon
          Poppylon commented
          Editing a comment
          What type of soil are you using. And what container.
          What blows my mind is no nutrients. Please explain how.

• Wildfan76
          Wildfan76 commented
          Editing a comment
          I used 3 gallon fabric pots, I used KIND super soil as listed in this guide, for the other soil it was happy frog, but now trying fox farm soil. Basically having the KIND super soil at the bottom half of the pot and the happy frog soil on the top half of your pot the plant gets nutes from the regular soil in veg stage, then when you switch to flower stage your roots should be at the bottom of the pot getting the more nute rich super KIND soil. I think I might try using organic nutes this time around to see if it increases my bud size and yield, don't get me wrong I was happy with the 2.5 per plant, I started flowering when they got to a foot tall. 65 days from start of 12/12 cycle to harvest, veg time was about a month and a half or so

Originally posted by Poppylon View Post
        Thank you Nebula I have read your info on grow easy . I love your site. I sure do appreciate all the hard work.
        1 2x4x5 grow tent
        2 300w leds full spectrum & 2. 3 light strings 75w CFL
        2 5gal bubble buckets complete with air pump and stone kit.6" pots
        1 combo floral grow kit w/ph up, down w/ color tester
        1 Hydro grow for roots
        1 Bag rapid rooter
        2 Bags Clay pebbles "came with bubble buckets "
        5 white widow auto female
        5 black jacks
        I ordered a 20x36x64 tent will be here Tuesday
        As you can guess I am a newbie. So any help would be appreciated. I have read your info on grow easy I guess I don't trust myself. Lol
        I don't see what nutes you went with?

Given a decent nutrient, some elbow grease, and a lot of patience, you're gonna kill it!

Good luck and welcome!

Comment

Wildfan76
          could you tell me how many bags of kind and happy frog you use for 3gal pods. I guess I am asking for your recipe. Lol this stuff is expensive.
          how many plants can yo grow in your 2x4x5.

Comment

I just found out that my state is blocked from shipping fox farm ocean floor. I am at wits end. We have a local nursery they got soil that's had no added nutrients. If i buy it what do I use for nutrients.
            however I can get happy frog shipped. Any recommendations? Anyone

Comment

• kingfish
              kingfish commented
              Editing a comment
              Roots Organics by Aurora

The super soil tutorial has a few ideas for nutes. Home Depot has black gold soil, you could use that. The soil recipe I got from the super soil tutorial. Don't stress you'll be fine
            "Please don't throw your shit at me... unless that shit resembles a bag of marijuana"
            - Les Claypool

Comment

Originally posted by Poppylon View Post
              I just found out that my state is blocked from shipping fox farm ocean floor. I am at wits end. We have a local nursery they got soil that's had no added nutrients. If i buy it what do I use for nutrients.
              however I can get happy frog shipped. Any recommendations? Anyone
              A potting mix with no added nutrients will work as long as it has a good consistency. It should be rich with no wood chips or bark. Usually something labeled an "organic potting mix" will do the job. You can get the Fox Farm Nutrient trio if you wanted to stick with Fox Farm They have a really great nutrient system for soil. The Pure Blend soil 2-pack by Botanicare is another great choice if you want something more simple with just one bottle for the vegetative stage, and a different one for the flowering stage. If you want to get fully organic nutrients a lot of people swear by the General Organics Go Box. If you want to get the really expensive stuff, everyone at my hydro store is a big fan of the House and Garden lineup.

I know it's a long shot, but is it possible to post the name of the soil you were thinking about buying? Or maybe take a picture of all the options you have?

Comment

• Vapo69
                Vapo69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nebula, house and garden is pretty cheap at my hydro shop, have you used it yourself?

• NebulaHaze
                NebulaHaze commented
                Editing a comment
                That's lucky! I haven't tried it, but I know several growers who have and swear by it. In fact I think Sirius is planning on using them for his next grow!

Nebula here are the pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1477947066892898821622.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	7.51 MB
ID:	9196more pictures

Comment

More pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	1477947234317159944417.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	7.14 MB
ID:	9199

Comment

I would go with the second one ("Potting Soil"). It seems okay especially if you're in California because it doesn't mention bark (it's odd they have different formulations for different states). You should try to look at the soil itself if possible, since the texture of the soil is so important.

You want soil that looks like this, it should be dark, but almost fluffy, without obvious wood chips. That 2nd mix is promising because it also has "perlite" in it, which are little white rocks that cannabis likes because it improves the drainage of the soil (you can see them in the pic below). Hopefully that second mix looks like this:

Comment

Should I use the 2nd mix in has pine bark. It says to put on top around 2 to 8 inches. They also had miracle grow organic.
                      I can get the 2nd mix for 1.00 a bag. I from southeast Missouri down at the boot hill.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X