• Show
Clear All

• DrPhoton
    replied
    Omitted for easier readability.

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    replied
    Thats about the time i wrote it too haha ^.^ i can just never get enough, must sleep more.

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    wow what a thread to read at 5:30 am hahaha coffee hasn't kicked in good write up

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    replied
    Yes iv read that, it was really helpful at the time i was learning all this. I actually went a step further and read up on plant biology and photomorphogenesis, which is just a geeky word for how plants respond to different spectrums of light. What might interest you the most of my discovery, was the aspect of green light and the complete misunderstanding among the general public.
    Rather than explain it, il just link you to the study.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...00.00563.x/pdf

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    replied
    I'm not sure if you might be interested, but I've done a lot of research on this subject over the years and I wrote a little article about how light spectrum affects cannabis plants

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    replied
    Thanks, my pleasure.

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    commented on 's reply
    With LED they are kind of forced to use the PAR unit system rather than the photometry system because doing so actually makes the LED technology look inferrior. They commonly use the PPFD which is not too bad but inconsistancies can still occur. YPF would be a more ideal system but its accuracy of use i think is not quite up to standard with todays technology. For some reason they cannot reliably implement the MCcree curve with measurement equipment.

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    " PAR refers to the range of light that plants use, PPF refers to the total amount of PAR photons produced by a light source per second (μmol/s)."

this is what most people get confused with. And you made it very clear. Thank you for sharing all this

Leave a comment:

• Bikerstonrr
    replied
    Great write up. Thanks for the information. Now we need to convince the manufacturers adopt a common measurement and make it an industry standard. Like that will happen lol.

Leave a comment:

• furrysparkle
    replied
    Interesting and informative, thank you! Btw good luck getting nebs on a date!

Leave a comment:

• DrPhoton
    started a topic Light metric systems

Light metric systems

Removed for security reasons.
    Last edited by DrPhoton; 10-12-2018, 06:16 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X