Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best ceramic metal halide (LEC) on the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best ceramic metal halide (LEC) on the market?

Ok I've read a few posts about LEC lights and I'm in the market for another light. It would be great to get some input from all of you out there that are currently using the ceramic metal halide. Who makes the best one, what you are happy with, what you don't like. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Growing Thunderstruck, 600w MH/HPS,

Got 2 phantom 315. LOVE THEM!!! 360$ @ GROWERSHOUSE .Bough the air cooled kits. Not really needed.

Comment

• Herbal Warrior
      Herbal Warrior commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful set up!! So they run cool enough to not have to have a cooling set up? No other issues with them?

• Joshnup2
      Joshnup2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful setup what kind of yield do you get with 1 315? This site I be live said max 9oz but I've read people saying a lb? I want to trade in my 600 for 1 but don't know yet?

Thanks. New flower room. Something about a recall on the balast. No problems plants seem to love them too.

Comment

So from what I've read the only real comparison is who the manufacturer of the bulb itself. Ballast is a ballast and the prices range quite a bit depending on who you are purchasing it from. Same light can be $100 difference from store to store. On line is a little closer. I guess the only way to really know is to just do it. I think it's time to see the light!!!

Comment

I use a sun system 315 LEC with no extra cooling, no problem. Plants seem happy, buds are bad assed. That makes me happy.

Comment

I have been looking at the Sun systems or Phantom but have been waiting on the price to drop. $360 that Sammy sammy posted is the cheapest so far but im waiting for them to drop below 300.
          Perpetual setup!

Comment

Google 400watt lec. I thing GROWERSHOUSE has the kit. Also ck out lec Conversion kitt makes any light into a lec pretty cool. 😎

Comment

• NA420
              NA420 commented
              Editing a comment
              I really like the phantom and sun systems vertical light reflectors, seems like it's a better spread for my 4X4 tent.

I run the HTG 400 watt cmh kit in a 4x4 tent. The plants are awfully happy

Comment

• NA420
              NA420 commented
              Editing a comment
              How are you liking it? How much lower are the temps with that light

007 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can't say enough good things about it! I started running it 4 weeks into flower on my last harvest, so my current grow is my first full flower under it. It's really made an incredible difference in plant size, bud size, density, and trich production over the LEDs I was running. The temps are up a couple degrees vs LED but I didn't have to increase the exhaust fan speed or anything. Tent sits at 82-84 degrees with the light on. I couldn't be one tiny bit happier with it.

Got just under14oz first run. 2 sour grape kush 1 nyc diesel day 17 flower. Will take weekly pics Looking for over 1 pound this time.

Comment

• NA420
              NA420 commented
              Editing a comment
              What are your temps like with the phantom LEC?

Comment

• NA420
              NA420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! That's awesome i need to get rid of my portable AC it kills the power bill. Peace, keep it growing!

Comment

• Herbal Warrior
              Herbal Warrior commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a great set up. I'm convinced.

Better view.

Comment

So no bulbs to change out from veg to budding, lower heat, better spectrum and draw less energy. So my other question is what about the 630w? Would you recommend one of those or just go with the 315w? The reason why I'm asking is there is one for sale for $550 right now(630w) Don't know if it would be too much light for my area that I'm using. 7x5 area. Right now I am just using 600w MH/HPS.

Comment

630 lec should walk all over a 600 hps. I wanted multiple stations for difrent strains. I also use a 400 hps in my first flower station.

Comment

• Herbal Warrior
                  Herbal Warrior commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Sammy.

• NA420
                  NA420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will be replacing my 600 watt HPS with a 315 LEC so once i get it i will keep yall posted. We should start an official light setup post, this is some good info!

• Vapo69
                  Vapo69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From what i have read dude, a 315w will walk all over a 600w hps 😀

Day 31 slight cal_ mag def pH run off at 5.2 got it back to 5.7 5.8 smoking grass and kicking ass!!! LEC 315. Got to have another 1.

Comment

• Herbal Warrior
                  Herbal Warrior commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That looks great! What kind of bulb are you using?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X