Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to growing, I need all the help I can get!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to growing, I need all the help I can get!

I'm new to the hole growing thing, I've managed to get this one going it came from bag seed from some dank that I had. Researching online is almost overwhelming for a beginner! I don't know how to sex the plant? Also at which point can I start topping, and will topping benefit me? The plant is about three weeks old and is outdoors! Any advice from the elders on this page will be amazing! All in all just wanting to know how this plant looks and any great advice that could help me!

One step at a time. Yes the research can seem endless when new to growing. Its really good to have all that information though. Never stop learning about it. If you are outdoors you shouldn't have to train as long as you are legal and you aren't trying to hide it. That's what is great about the sun. Lights exposure all around. Pre flowers should be showing up anytime now. They will help you identify the sex. There is a great article in the site about sexing plants and preflowers as well. Not all strains show during veg though. So don't worry if it takes a while. All in all your seedling looks great. Soil looks pretty wet though. Be easy with the water while they are small. What kind of soil are you using? Won't be long until you need some nutes if the soil doesn't have it covered. Keep researching but don't let it confuse you! When in doubt post on the forum lol. Happy growing!

Comment

• Jaycob1268
      Jaycob1268 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info, I have them planted in miracle grow, I've seen a lot of controversy on using it but decided to give it a go. The soil is a bit wet as we had a little rain before I took the pic. There is a couple of holes only on one leaf I believe is was from the rain and the sun may have burned threw.

Learn about marijuana life stages and gender. When does the plant start flowering? How can you tell if your plant is a boy or a girl? What...

Give this a read and look at the pictures of the pre flowers. Will help out a lot. Might need a magnifier to help see when they appear on your plant if you are blind like me lol.

Comment

Congrats on your grow! Looks good so far. If you want to top, wait til it has 5 nodes then top at the 3rd node. You'll probably have to wait a while yet til it shows sex. Plenty of time to read up the GWE website and get all the knowledge. Nebula has put so much good info together, I swear I read every article 3 times before I ever planted a seed so when the time came I had an idea what I should see or what I should be doing.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        left some stuff out before you put them into the clonex gell Gently scrape off the outer woody material on the stem so soft plant tissue is visible but be careful not to cut into stem. I find that leaving 2 or 3 leaves on clone helps them feed. you will have alot of failure to begin with so dont get frustrated but this is the way that works for me. I did leave 3 cuttings in the clonex solution's and with no light or spraying they are still going and they have 1 or 2 very small roots. I wont plant them just curious

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I like my clones to be about 3 inches tall when in root riots but have done shorter ones. I think I should add that all the clones I have are not for me I help other vets get growing now that its legal still not cheep but if I can save a brothers/or sisters life by getting them started then its worth all the effort. 23 vets commit suicide every day just cause we come home does not mean we survived. Agent orange killed me forty years ago Im just to dam stubborn to give up the ghost hahaha

• Jaycob1268
        Jaycob1268 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow that's some awesome, detailed advice oldjarhead100, we appreciate your service and everything you have personally done for us! I think I will let it get to 5 nodes and then top plating the three inch top like you suggested.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/preflowers here's another one on pre flowers.

Comment

I was right where you are 4 months ago. This site has been great. I just joined the forum but have been reading the articles from the website from the beginning. If some of the techniques seem overwhelming, know that you can still have a good harvest by doing very little training and just take care of your baby. They usually are very resilient. Stick around ask questions. I won't answer cause I'm a noob but there are some wonderful people on here that will get you where you need to be.

Comment

• Jaycob1268
          Jaycob1268 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man we got to learn too lol.... I'm glad there is community for stuff like this, I think it's awesome!!

Move over millennials - he specifically asked the elders for help - hehehe Seeing as how I'm retired, you can guess my age. So, what's the problem here Jaycob1268 anyways?
        Overwhelmed you say? Take it from me, I have only read GWE to learn how to grow. I thought to save on conflicting methods I would stay on the one site only. And you know the way NebulaHaze has it set up, plus this forum - man - that's all one needs.
        Problem solved.
        If those photos are from today, it is too small to top. Top at the third or fifth node - depends on how brave you are.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          hey canuck why do you think my name is old jar head hahahah us retired guys have it made. love this forum great way to enjoy coffee in am

Can any of you guys sex this plant yet or is it still to early this is about week 5 and the anticipation is on...

Comment

• Jaycob1268
          Jaycob1268 commented
          Editing a comment
          @canuck497 you see I took your advice on topping it

Hi Jay, it looks like a few more weeks and sex signs should show here's a couple of pics that might help. Keep studying, Click image for larger version  Name:	007.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.65 MB ID:	88012Click image for larger version  Name:	008.JPG Views:	1 Size:	254.9 KB ID:	88013Click image for larger version  Name:	009.JPG Views:	1 Size:	168.8 KB ID:	88014 you got this! There is balls and no balls kinda speaks for itself.
        Last edited by PRIMO; 05-04-2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Jaycob1268
          Jaycob1268 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I think that 3 more weeks and it should start producing these signs....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X