Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I log down in my grow journal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I log down in my grow journal?

To anyone who documents their journeys, what is your journal filled with? What information should I be scribbling down and paying attention to?

Hi RF, welcome to the forum! In my journal notebook, I keep track of germination dates, what week I'm in (both overall time since germination and then since switch to 12/12); which and how much nutrient I'm feeding; any problems I'm having and solutions to those problems; defoliation and LST; and various ruminations on how gorgeous and amazing my plants are...
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The more the better but atleast the basics. Here's what my quick reference looks like.

Comment

I use a spreadsheet to track everything from the day the seed is planted in the soil. I track temperature, relative humidity, when I feed or water, when I flip to flower, and I'll add any notes I think are pertinent.

Attached is a PDF document showing my current grow journal in progress.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jeg
          Jeg commented
          Editing a comment
          That's impressive! My brain hurts

Howdy RFheavy, I keep track of germination date, weeks in vegetation or bloom, daily records of times and actions (feeds, drain, changing ice bottles, etc.), water and air temperature, relative humidity, and pH measurements of drainage and feedings. I also keep track of nutrient and supplement usage as well as the amount of water consumed by the plants during the feeding cycle. I also note down any anomalies, bugs, leaf spots, or any other notable occurrences. I'm not as organized as others, I keep notes in a small (3"x5") note pad for the daily stuff and a calendar for the long term planning and record keeping.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X