My 1st attempt at growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st attempt at growing

Hello all I am brand new here and I'm about half way through flowering cycle with my ladies. This is my 1st ever attempt at growing my own. The strain I have was the only one available to me which is Great White Shark. These ladies are at 32 days into the 61-68 day flower cycle. I decided to go hydro since everything I've read about hydro vs soil lead me to believe hydro produces yields and let's face it that's one of the main points in growing ones own reefer. I'm using general hydroponics nutrient system and I've ran my ph at about 5.9-6.1 the entire time veg-flower. I am using a 600w HPS atm and for veg I used a 400w T5. Anyhow here are some pictures, lemme know what you gus think, or any suggestions you may have on how to do it better next time.
    Last edited by Malphas; 04-19-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Malphas. First time growing you say? Damn, I hope I can do half as good as you in soil-greenhouse, I'd be very happy They look superb!
      Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

Malphas!!! Beautiful!! I wish my first grow went as good as yours are looking! Seems like you have everything under control.
        Growing Thunderstruck, 600w MH/HPS,

Comment

Thanks guys! After these ladies are done I think I'm going to give golden goat a try. I'm happy I found a forum to share my grows with others and also get feedback from masters who've been doing it for years. I'm sure I have tons more to learn.

Comment

hahahaha i think only you know where the improvements can be done, this looks like a home run, this is my advice, don't mess with the winning formula, if it not broken don't fix it, you did everything right my friend congratulations
            Last edited by 9fingerleafs; 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks 9fingerleafs. I read for what seemed like an eternity before I even started this grow and I'm pretty sure doing that is what made my 1st attempt go so well. The biggest problem for me at first was keeping the ph stable. Only piece of advice I can offer to anyone doing hydro that doesn't already have a digital ph tester is go buy one today. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share my nutrient formula I used. It's set on a 13 week cycle, but I kept my plants at the week 4 nutrient cycle for a couple extra weeks just for more growth.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                  9fingerleafs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice. After a few runs you'll know exactly how the water behaves in your sistem and you won't even think about it. Keep the good work and keep sharing

Comment

Hello Malphas, Wow! Beautifull plants.
                  I haven't started my first grow just yet. I like you, Iam doing a lot of reading and research before jumping in. Please speak more of the nutes that you used. Was that an auto-flowering strain? Hope my first grow goes as well. Kudos to you brother
                  ... Nice job
                  Peace2All

Comment

• Malphas
                    Malphas commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No this is not an autoflower. I picked up some clones from a buddy and then cloned my own from one of them. He grew in soil and when he gave me the plants they were super root bound and didn't survive. Luckily for me the clones I took did very well. I'm not sold on autoflower stuff since it seems to me you couldn't really clone them, at least that's what I would believe. I don't know much about autoflower stuff. My only experience with growing was helping a buddy who grew Afghani #1, but that was about 20 years ago.

Fantastic work bud. The key is research and u nailed it first time out. Happy growing!

Comment

Weedster I used general hydroponics flora series
                    Flora Micro
                    Flora Gro
                    Flora Bloom
                    Flora Blend
                    Kool Bloom
                    Floralicious Plus
                    I also used Voodoo Juice for the first couple weeks of veg and flower for my girls root health.
                    All my measurements are per 5 gallons of water
                    As I said earlier I stuck around the week 4 nutrient cycle for a couple extra weeks because I wanted more time to train them. Not sure if I mentioned it, but that is 3 plants in my tent, which is a 4x4x6 tent. Anyhow here is a picture of what I came up with after tons and tons of reading hope it saves you some time is you choose hydro.

Comment

Thanks Malphas.. Every little bit of knowledge helps. Just waiting on seeds from Southern Oregon Seeds. Happy 420 everyone.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

One week closer.....I'm guessing two weeks to go tops...wooohooo

Comment

• Minoo96
                          Minoo96 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Soon indeed

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X