Crap on leaves, need help identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap on leaves, need help identifying

my money is in scales of some sort but haven't found matching pics yet. Any clue anyone?
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

LuckyAcres, have, or can, You see any 'critters'? Are the spots growing in size or are they static? I have seen some viral infections (in other plants) that look similar to what You have, You might try washing a leaf with an antimicrobial solution (mild dish soap) or get something specific for viral and bacterial infestations from a garden store.
    Good luck
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey dw2, thank for the input. First spotted it last week I think, tiny specs on a couple leaves, thought of water drops after feeding, dismissed it. Went in for a check today and noticed this leaf and a couple others. Whatever it is it's not moving fast. No time today for looking with loupe, but nothing seems moving at all. Virus would be my second guess. They did have fungus gnats bad and i know those bastards carry viruses sometimes, maybe it's a leftover. I'll remove all infected leaves tonight and monitor. Next feeding might just be phed water and hydrogen peroxide to clean that shit up real good!
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        You might try wiping one of the infected leaves with the H2O2 before You cut it just to see if there is any noticeable effect on the spots. I hope that You can get this under control and cleared up!
        Good luck!

Kind of looks like leaf septoria...your plants in a shed right..rains alot where you are.. Mold...fungus.. Good cause...look into it..

Hope it goes well...Damn the luck

Comment

• Insight
        Insight commented
        Editing a comment
        Voice of experience...sounds like a good call.

alright so I'm waiting till lights on at 8pm to check it out, 2.5hrs.
      Condidering the past fungus gnats infestation it is safe to assume the bastards have left crap behind like viruses.
      My questions to you guys, would H2OO kill a virus? Would H2OO kill left over gnats? Understanding fully that using H2OO is pretty close to total sterilization of the soil.
      i also have a bacterial fungicide called actinovate, can be used as a drench, amri certified, need check on label later for target list. Works great as spray for powdery mildew.
      Last edited by LuckyAcres; 04-20-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure man...I do know you need to get rid of all leaves that have it...

Viruses insert there own dna into the host plants cells and once infected cannot be killed by any type of cleaning or h2o2. One thing you.need to be careful with is your tools you use on infected plants can transfer the virus to non infected plants so should be sterilized after use

Comment

Thanks all for the input.
        inspection is done. I eliminated bugs out of the equation.
        I found the ground zero plant but all 8 scrogged had some signs from 1 to maybe 8 leaves affected per plant. Early onset still. I removed them. Nothing on the 3 plants at the end or in the veg room. thinking something got passed on within the scrog lot during a pruning session back in early veg days. can't really separate them all.
        septoria could be it but everyone mentions it's a post flowering fungus, but no flip yet.
        so I don't know folks, maybe a blight of some sorts, a fungus hopefully...
        gonna go stare at the google now and find a match and a remedy.

Comment

Just got done reading rosenthal chapter on septoria and no mention of post flowering conditions needed. So I'm going with that for now, can't find anything else that matches. 1 treatment suggested is neem oil, done deal! Professor Green was on it! Thanks!

Comment

• Green75
            Green75 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea I did not think it was purely a post flower condition...
            Ole ed...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X