removal of Fan Leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removal of Fan Leaves?

Hello fellow grower's This is my 2nd grow in the Urban Greenhouse Hydroponics I have 3 Bubba Khush going into the 5 th week of flowing I super crop them they are about 7 inches from light (my hand feels ok under it) Should i remove some fan leaves? or just let it go to harvest? thanking you in advance
    Attached Files

Tough to see in the pictures but I'll give you my opinion. Strategically remove fan leaves that block bud sites. Try to only take one fan per pair. Don't remove any fans until they have .5 inches stem. If the strain is indica with fat leaves, remove more than a Sativa with thin leaves. If the plant has very tight node spacing, you may need to take more than if the nodes are separated a lot. Remove fans and growth on the lower portions of the plant. Make sure there is good airflow through the plant. Look at the plant from the top at a few angles. You should be able to see the base of the plant through the canopy but not a gaping hole. Those are my thoughts. Others have more and less aggressive methods. Find what works for you and remember you can always remove more leaves later but you can't put them back on . Oh yeah, see GWE for a good article on defoliating.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a really nice little summary! I second this

Defoliate one completely and leave another one with all the leaves. This way you can see how the strain reacts to your setup

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      If I where you I would remove big leaves that overlap on eachother to reduce the risk of mold and encourage airflow

I agree with the others. If it were me I'd remove some of the bigger fan leaves that are blocking bud sites, as well as fan leaves from the middle or bottom of the plant that are laying on top of each other and not getting any light anyway Very nice looking plants!

Comment

Thanks guys this is my 2 nd grow in the tent Wish I could send the smell it is bringing GREAT!!!! Can't wait till harvest maybe 3 weeks?pic taken today. Bubba Khush
      Attached Files

Comment

It's hard to say exactly when they'll be ready, definitely at least a few weeks left, but they're developing nicely!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X