Flowering and very frustrated part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering and very frustrated part 2

Hey everyone. First off, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for the feedback and support. My previous post I was concerned about the buds not getting any bigger. Now I'm worried that I have done irreversible damage to my baby. I've been watering my plant on a nutes every other watering schedule. I'm using general hydroponics florabloom and only using 1/2 tsp and keeping the pH between 6.0-6.5. I'm in week 5 of flowering so i figured since I still have a few weeks to go I watered with nutes one last time before I started to flush. Same routine, didn't change anything.the next day I noticed a little yellowing in the leaves wasn't to concerned but this morning when the lights came on I was shocked at what I was looking at.there had been some yellowing in the leaves prior to this but I contributed it to the flowering and it being normal. But now I don't know what to think. what did I do to cause this and is it to late to fix? Thank you for any and all feedback you may have. I'm doing a CFL grow with seven bulbs. ×4, 13watt 5000k, ×2 19watt 5000k & 1 14watt bulb.used mg potting mix for medium & mg all purpose for my nutes during veg.have kept my pH at 6.0-6.5. here are some pics of my problem. Thanks again for all your help.
    Attached Files

From my limited knowledge, it looks like it could be a nitrogen deficiency.

edit: after some more research I feel pretty confident that its a Nitrogen deficiency.
    Last edited by Marley; 04-12-2017, 08:20 PM.
    #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:
    Pure Power Plant and Blue Mystic + Freebies
    Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue (AutoMechanics Grow Thread)

Grow Room Video: https://vimeo.com/218651917

Comment

in regards to my previous post, that makes sense if you're only using Florabloom for nutes, which has no Nitrogen, as indicated by the "0" in the "0-5-4" on the label.

#TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:

Comment

Thank you for your help. I've been reading over some things. What do you think about the grow room being to warm and the humidity being off?

Comment

• Marley
          Marley commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think so. I can see some very mild signs of heat stress on some of the leave, but nothing too bad. The biggest sign for Nitrogen deficiency for me is the super purple stems you have.

Also if that is indeed the problem can it be fixed since the nitro levels are supposed to be lower during the flowering stage

Comment

• Marley
          Marley commented
          Editing a comment
          I would go to the store tomorrow and get something with Nitrogen in it and start adding that to your normal feeding. The N levels supposed to be lower, but you should still be adding some. For instance, I'm using the Fox Farm trio for my plants and now that I'm in flower I'm backing off on the amount of Big Bloom and Grow Big that I'm using (about half of what I was using), but I'm starting Tiger Bloom now. As you can see by the first number on all the labels, they all contain some amount of Nitrogen. So I'm giving them less overall, but they're still getting a supply of it.

Last edited by Marley; 04-12-2017, 09:41 PM.

Hey Marley I appreciate all your help,

Comment

I agree it looks like it needs more nutrients. In coco there is zero nutrients except what you add, so you definitely don't want to start flushing so early in the process. A few days to a week of flushing should be more than enough in coco. With the GH trio, you should be following the recommended ratios between the 3 bottles, which means you should be using more than just the FloraBloom.

I have a nutrient schedule for the Flora trio here for growing in coco, which you can follow closely with good results. For week 5 of the flowering stage you should be giving something like 1/2 tsp of Flora Micro, 1/8 tsp of Flora Gro and 1/2 tsp of Flora Bloom (per gallon). CaliMagic is recommended in coco but not required. Using all 3 bottles ensures your plant gives a good amount of Nitrogen (a little but not too much) and micronutrients (such as Iron, Zinc and Calcium which is crucial to coco but not found in Flora Bloom) as well as high levels of PK. I hope that helps!

Comment

Hey nebula, thank you for the help, I'll pick some up today and see what happens. My medium is mg potting mix. Should I follow the same schedule as I would the coco? Again thank you for your help
            Last edited by Toxic weed; 04-14-2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mg as in miracle grow?

This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

• OzBud
              OzBud commented
              Editing a comment
              I think soil is classed as drain to waste as well so should be the same schedule. Continue alternating between watering & water/feeding & you should be fine. Those leaves won't recover but they yellowing will stop spreading once it gets a good dose of N.

Hey gdtrfb95 & ozbud. Yeah the mg is miracle grow. I used the potting mix. This is my first grow so it's been a learning process. I'm so grateful for the gwe community I wouldn't have made it this far without it and all the feedback that I've gotten from everyone. I'll definitely be using and upgrading different products on my next grow. This is probably a stupid question but could I use mg all purpose nutes to add nitro? If I used a small amount. I didn't make it to the hydro store today before it closed and I already have some of the mg all purpose. That's what I was using during the veg stage or should I just wait till next week and get something better? Thanks again for your help and the feedback

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok. For starters Id say remove all affected leaves. Itll be fine. As far as nutrients go I think you are all set with N from time release in the soil but as you get deeper into flower N isnt really as necessary. Those leaves yellowed so fast from low N because they are old and underperforming so plant knows it doesn't need to give them energy. Take all yellow leaves and any growing in towards the main stem off the plant and it'll be happy. Youll be good. Dont use a veg mg product

Flora bloom has 0 N? Wow ok hmm. Id say you'll be ok if take the leaves off but id get something besides mg gen asap. The fox farm trio posted above is pretty easy to find in my area just saw it 2 miles down the road when I was getting some sunflower seeds to plant tomorrow. Tiger bloom should do the trick. At the same time if you are 2 weeks from finish maybe would recomend saving money and going organic for next round and letting this one finish with another feeding of flora and then flush till harvest.
            Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
            4'x4'x7' grow tent
            General Organics Go Box
            ProMix HP
            1>3>7 gal smartpots
            Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

Hey gdtrfb95, man I appreciate all your help. I was thinking yesterday was sat for some reason. I can pick up some tiger today. I noticed this morning that one of the sugar leaves has a little yellow spot on it. Yeah I was thinking either Coco or Fox farm soil for my next grow. This was my first grow and I was on a very limited budget but I'll be better prepared for my next grow which I can't wait to get started but I gotta make it through the first one first. do you think the spot on the sugar leave is something to be concerned about? Again thank you for your help
              Attached Files

Comment

• GDTRFB95
                GDTRFB95 commented
                Editing a comment
                From original pics i think you are fine. Get the tiger bloom... feed at half reccomended strength. Take all yellowing fan leaves off.

Appreciate your help and I'll take care of that today for sure

Comment

Let us know how it goes over the next few days.
                #TeamAutoMechanics

Previous grow journals:

Comment

Just wanted to check in, I hope your plants are doing well!

Comment

Thank you here's a couple pics of how she's doing.i think she's grown a little bit but I started using just the pH water for the rest of this grow
                    Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X