Flushing and PPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flushing and PPM

Im currently flushing in a DWC system, and after 24 hrs my ppm has risen to 1000ppm. I assume this is the salts, etc, coming out of the plants. Is there an ideal number to maintain, like the 1500 ppm range I stayed within during vegging and flowering? Thanks.

I wrote about optimal PPM in this thread if you're interested! http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-growing/page2

Basically it depends on your starting water and the nutrients you're using, but the most important thing is to watch the plant!

Comment

Yes if you've been feeding at 1500 ppms with no problems stay with that number when you feed. But when flushing it doesn't matter how much is coming out. It matters how te plant is reacting. If it gets yellow right away you went a little overboard. If you are flushing you must be close to harvest. So ideally you would keep flushing until you chop it down. If you flush for several days and the plant is not ripening them you might wanna feed again. The bottom line is you are trying to plan ahead to get the plant to gradually eat what's in the leafs and turn "outum" yellow just at the very end so when you harvest those nutrients are not there.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X