Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap LED Lights from China????

Hello Weed World

This is my first post ever in the community. I'm in the process of starting to grow and I came across some really affordable 1000 watt full spectrum led lights on ali express. Has anyone ever purchased them before??? After the whole hoverboard Chinese scandal I've been a little hesitant on buying anything from China that is heavy on the electrical side. And with my lights running for possible 20+ hours straight i don't want to start any fires in my grow due to over heating or malfunction while I'm away. Any suggestions???? I posted some links of what I've been looking at.

Full Spectrum 300W 600W 800W 1000W 1200W 1600W Double Chip LED Grow Light Red/Blue/White/UV/IR For hydroponics and indoor plants

(from AliExpress Android)

Double Chips 1000W LED Grow Light 380-730nm Full Spectrum LED Plant Grow Light For Indoor Plants Flowering And Growing
    淘宝网 - 亚洲较大的网上交易平台,提供各类服饰、美容、家居、数码、话费/点卡充值… 数亿优质商品,同时提供担保交易(先收货后付款)等安全交易保障服务,并由商家提供退货承诺、破损补寄等消费者保障服务,让你安心享受网上购物乐趣!

Full Spectrum 300W 600W 800W 1000W 1200W 1600W Double Chip LED Grow Light Red/Blue/White/UV/IR For hydroponics and indoor plants

Anybody have any suggestions. I don't want to burn down my place lol

Comment

Personally I would steer clear of those. Sorry
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Hey Rosegoldmoney,

Personally, I skimped on my first buy when it comes to LEDs and bought a MarsHydro Reflector 46 which was said to be good for a 2'x2' cabinet. It only draws 98 watt from the socket though, so I bought a GalaxyHydro 300W (140 true watts) with a dimmer. I replaced the fans with noctua redux fans and now it's really silent and I'm happy with the results so far. I use both of them in my grow space.

Here's a link to an article from Nebula about LEDs http://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights
        Here's a grow report with a 250 W LED light: http://www.growweedeasy.com/pro-grow...journal-endive

Personally, I wouldn't buy the ones you posted

Comment

Hi, my 2 cents. I'm on my first grow also and I'm using two of the lights from the first link. I've got the 1000w and 1600w which I got on amazon. I knew going in, that there was a chance that they might not be any good, but mine have worked great. Although I will say that I don't think they are as good as HPS lifghts, which I'm also using. But for the price, they did the job. Although, I would add that the actual draw for the two LED s total close to 600w, and I also have two 600 w tube cooled HPS, in the room. Also, the template that they claim for the LED s are not accurate, or if they were, I would have only needed one LED to cover the same area as my HPS , but as many of you know, this just doesn't seem to be the case. It also seems to be taking a little in flower that then HPS lights. But, if heat is an issue in a grow tent, these LEDs do the trick at a discounted price.
          Happy growing, may your buds be big and plentiful

Comment

• Chowder
            Chowder commented
            Editing a comment
            The last thing I wanted to add was that I also shared your safety concerns, BUT my grow room is in a small outbuilding where , if shit hit the fan and it did start a fire, it would not have been in my house! I don't want to suggest any fire would be good, but if it's not inside my house, that's a bonus! Peace.

Those look like the two 300 W (60 x 5) I bought on Amazon for about $70 ea. Brand is Sygavled. First grow for me and they worked fine. No heat issues. Space as 2 x 2 x 6 with good ventilation.
          But I have no clue about the ones you posted.

Comment

Another problem with cheap off brand LED lights is they malfunction (only some of the lights work) or they die on you. Might want to pick up an extra one in case badness happens.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X