Pistils Turning Orange 2 weeks in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistils Turning Orange 2 weeks in!!!

Hi hopefully someone will have a concrete answer or some first hand experience with this.

I am not even two weeks into flower and the pistils have turned orange. There are multiple strains and it is present on multiples.

Im growing under a fluence spydr x led and plants about 18 in from it.

Before listing every environmental variable id like to see if anyone has experience with this.

I have attached some pics

I've had outdoor plants in super windy hallway like area and they've always curl and dye like that mostly on the outer side of the plant and new pistils will always keep forming. I doubt that's your case cause you are indoors
    Last edited by 9fingerleafs; 04-05-2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Hey hammer, enviro factors will help. From the pics the pistils are all out and not receded, which is good. That alone tells me you're far from harvest. Have you checked the trichomes with a loupe? If they're clear I'd keep on trucking. Hopefully someone who experienced this will chime in.
      x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

Perfectly normal....

Comment

I've had very fast brown and shrivel pistils on photo period grows, but more like week 4 on a 10 week flowering strain. They turned out fine with no major issues. I lean towards what Green says (no worries).
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Means you are growing killer weed!
            Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Watch out for the reefer madness!!
              Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Glad this was asked. I was also kinda paranoid on this matter.
                I'd say i'm about half way though flowering, still got quite a few weeks left, and already noticed some pistils turning orangish brown.
                No frost yet. Just some orange hairs. But your budlets have a LOT more orange hairs than mine. I'd say about 25% of my pistils are orangey.
                Originally posted by 420n808
                If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

Hi thanks for all who reviewed this post and made a comment. It is nice to hear some people say "all is good " however call me a stick in the mud I really need an explanation on the physiological processes that are causing this. Why is this happening when previous to this grow on the last batch there were no orange hairs until much later in the flowering cycle. It would be awesome if anyone knows the deep down truth behind this.

Comment

It's no mystery, it's what some strains do, some earlier than others. It does not mean they are done yet, the trichomes tell you that.
                    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X