Extreme Defoliation Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Defoliation Questions

Greetings one and all.....This post is only for those who believe in extreme defoliating. I am a lazy gardener as well as a happy camper (Thanks to Father Jack for that one) and I like less leaves on my 12/12`s as any who have seen pics of my grows will know but I include one of a Chronic I`ve just trimmed-before and after-to illustrate. So, here are my questions:
    1) From Veg upto post majority of stretch, if you have less fans (As you would in the wild with all those munching stonehead cows), lots of light, right nutes and good airflow, will the time taken for the plant to re-grow leaves as well as growing in general result in less growth between the nodes due to dispersion of finite resources the plant has available? I have amply seen that heavily defoliated plants do not give up if you know roughly what you`re up to and so I am not including a stunted or poorly plant here but a trained one
    2) Around a third into flower when leaf production is on the wane, do people defol more in keeping with say an Auto than a 12/12 ie; much less or do people still remove like Keef Treez?
    3) Has anyone got access to more articles by this Keef Treez by any chance?
    Thank you folks and all the very best

Yo Rich try writing that again before you medicate! Lol
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Leaves are a natural occurrence...I take leaves all the way through whole grow...I strip them clean before the flip and after the stretch....keep all bud sites open...

I will leave bigger leaves on the outside of canopy where they are covering no bud sites..

The leaves I leave today..I will cut when they get bigger only when one smaller is waiting to take its place...keep them well feed and they will do what they do...grow big buds...

Ps...hope you were not expecting a big turn out on responses....Not too many people here are extreme on defo......I hope I qualify enough to answer

Any more questions...ask away..

Comment

• Green75
      Green75 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is correct Tony.

• StoneyTony
      StoneyTony commented
      Editing a comment
      Green75 - Wow! Do you have a pic of any plants right before you harvested? I would like to see what that looks like.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      I do the same_ defoliate fairly heavily about a week before the flip to 12/12, then about three weeks after that.I haven't yet had the "balls" to defoliate as much as Green 75 but he gets some awesome results so I'm gonna try and take even more next time. For the rest of the grow I just take fan leaves that are shading buds. Works well. Usually I use about 1/2 to 3/4 strength nutrients, but after defoliation I used full strength nutes to help development keep pace since the photosynthetic process slows down with fewer leaves. They will come back pretty quickly after the veg and in the flowering defoliation it opens up more bud sites so they get more light. By that time most of the other leaf growth is slowing down, so the small leaves around the buds become more important and bud growth is enhanced. At the end_about 5 days before harvest I take all the larger leaves off the colas as well. to really open them up. I haven't been able to determine if defoliation increases the nodal length or not.

I my current grow was really inspired by you two. I'm keeping this one lean and low.
    SSD

Comment

Take all leaves covering buds. I noticed if your only taking a few leaves , the plant replaces them in 24 hrs. You take a whole shit ton of leaves, and in a week you won't be able to tell. So extreme defo only last a week unless you defo every couple of days like green. Every time I tried to practice extreme defo plant came back stronger.

Comment

It`s a question of node distance....can it be reduced to a big strong tight cola further by defoliation?

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          I can confuse the Pope if given the chance....thanks about the supressors...will look into that mate

• South Sierra Dude
          South Sierra Dude commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know any cannabis farmers who use plant hormones. Save rooting powder.

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gonna have to look into that gobberelic acid suppressor myself_ see if it is in any of the Advanced Nutrients for flowering (coco) I used this time.
          Only one of my 6 plants developed significantly more internal space than the others which stayed pretty tight. Genetics certainly seems like the base factor though for sure.

StoneyTony ...

Photoperiod plant....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170405-165636.png
Views:	213
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	76175

Auto flower plant...

Name:	Screenshot_20170405-165646.png
Views:	195
Size:	5.42 MB
ID:	76176

Photoperiod plant...

Name:	Screenshot_20170405-165750.png
Views:	183
Size:	5.31 MB
ID:	76177

Auto flower plant....

Name:	Screenshot_20170405-165833.png
Views:	200
Size:	5.38 MB
ID:	76178

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely beautiful the whole lot Green, seriously beautiful...have copied to remind me of good grows mate...beautiful....number 2 is very interesting....what strain is it?

• Green75
          Green75 commented
          Editing a comment
          Auto lowrider 2

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks kinda like one of the S.A.D. autos I just grew, only a little over a foot tall but lots of branches reaching out far and wide and almost as tall as the main cola with minimal LST. The other S.A.D.'s were a bit taller_ more like the third photo of the plant on the stool in a fabric pot.

They look yummy!
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

This topic got me going today
          Attached Files
          SSD

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Well it`s obvious you don`t live in Skegness on the basis of the box...or do you?

• South Sierra Dude
            South Sierra Dude commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't smoke those. Lol.

The result
          Attached Files
          SSD

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a glorious sight isn`t it....looks lovely

• StoneyTony
            StoneyTony commented
            Editing a comment
            Awwww, little cutie.

i feel, calm now. more zen
          SSD

Comment

I am a part of tge extreme defo team! Here's a girl i stripped down to the bone and now shes falling over with heavy buds!
            Perpetual setup!

Comment

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Why harvest?

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              Let them swell!!!

Check calyx for cloudy tricomes...don't harvest before that!!

• NA420
              NA420 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got Amber fellas! Maybe I'll snap a still. The inner trichs have tails deep inside the calyx no lie i was geeking looking at them!

Chop chop...

Comment

Couldn't get a shot of the Amber but they are def there she smells like candy!
              Perpetual setup!

Comment

Looks really good...I want some...the colors...very cool

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X