Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower with a few questions!

Hello everyone

About a month ago I found this site and it has been an amazing resource for me on my newest adventure of growing three plants from clones.

I have the girls in one gallon pots for now containing fox farm ocean forest in a 2x4x5 enclosure with an exhaust and 2 300 watt full spectrum LED panels using a bluer spectrum to make them shorter.

Im currently watering with hydroguard at 2ml/gallon and I'm 2 weeks into the grow.

My first specific question is I'm wondering if I can use Sea Kelp 100 at the same time as the hydroguard?

My second general question would be: Is there anything else I can be doing for my girls so they are happy? Any suggested nutrients before transplanting to a 3 gallon before flowering or just a quality soil upon transplant? Supersoil? I'm open to any suggestion ☺️!

Pictures coming when I get home tomorrow, they are beautiful 😍

Thank you

Keep it simple gotta be gentle with young clones or seedlings. you won't need any nutrients in FF for about a month I think i read somewhere. Better transplant within a week I'd guess.
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Why use the hydrogaurd for watering if its in soil. I had thought that was more for hydroponics to provent root rot?

Comment

I am thinking with only 5 feet to work with that you will need to do some training on your plant to keep it from running in to your lights. Read up on the training methods from this site and start early.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMarsh View Post
          I am thinking with only 5 feet to work with that you will need to do some training on your plant to keep it from running in to your lights. Read up on the training methods from this site and start early.
          I have already topped them and I'm using LST along with blue side lighting and they are bushing out nicely and only 10 inches tall.

Originally posted by CCisme View Post
          Why use the hydrogaurd for watering if its in soil. I had thought that was more for hydroponics to provent root rot?
          When I first got them I accidentally overwatered and they sat in wet conditions for next to a week and were showing no growth. On the next watering I added hydroguard and they began drinking and growing normally 😌

Comment

• CCisme
            CCisme commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Thanks, Ill keep that in mind

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            You populated the stagnant soil with friendly bacteria that got rid of the stagnation!! Good to know.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X