Final Plant Harvested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Plant Harvested

I just finished 'rough' trimming and hanging up the buds from my last plant. Her sister was harvested 21 days ago (March 10th, 2017 and yielded 2.851 oz. of bud and 1.559 oz. of trim, a little of a disappointment). I do not have the weight until I do the final trim and place them into jars for curing, but I think that this one is going to makeup for her sister's low production.
    Here are a few photos.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Gorgeous buds, DW!!!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You. I'm hoping that they turn out as good as the sample (that 'fell' off the other day! lol) that I tried. They do not look as nice as some other's that I've seen because I like to leave the smaller sugar leaves on until the buds are dry enough to put into the jars for curing.

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Dw2, I also have a hard time cutting off those sugar leaves that are covered with trichomes! I grow for myself so I don't care if people think I should trim closer! I don't really know why people do that? Anyone??

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Smoother smoke w/out leaves

Beautiful! Are these a mostly sativa strain? They look pretty tall.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      The plants were from some bag seed, very skunkie, she was1 this plant reached about 52 inches tall and the other one was about 43 inches tall. Someone else thought that it was a sativa strain, but I do not know for certain.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Those skinny-ass leaves look like they have a good amount of sativa in them.

outstanding colas! nice work man.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. The largest cola is, at least, three or more buds together, I will not know until the final trim, weighing, and placing them in the jars.

I finished trimming the buds that I harvested on 3/31/2017 and got them into the jars last night. The plant yielded 4.463 oz. of bub, but the trim was not dry enough this morning to weight. I had placed the trim in a large (2 gallon) bag last Saturday, thinking that it was dry enough, so I cut it up and I'm letting it dry some more. All totaled up, this grow came out with a total of 7.314 oz. and the last grow yielded 7.25 oz. total, a slight improvement. Having a total wattage (CFLs) of 440 watts, that comes out to .0165 oz. per watt for the prior grow and .0166 oz. per watt for this one.
    If nothing else, I have learned from this grow that the flush cycle before harvesting is absolutely essential! This is the first grow in which I flushed before harvesting, and the difference from the last is amazing, the buds are less harsh from the start and judging by the rate of curing (the first plant has been curing for three weeks), it will not take two or more months to cure out.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think 7 days is too long, by any means! Some folks flush for 2 weeks. Flushing isn't going to do anything to the terpenes. I think one prolly could flush too long, but I don't know what "too long" would be--I guess all the trichomes would turn amber, and you'd end up with total sedative effect. I think 7-10 days is a good flush. On my first grow, I thought you only flushed hydroponics for 2-3 days, so that's what I did. Now I have no way to prove it, but the weed from the 1st grow is good weed, only harsher and darker ash. I flushed the second grow for a full 7 days, and like I wrote above, it's smoother and ash is whiter.

It's an art, right? Knowing what percentage of the trichomes are milky, starting the flush, letting the trichomes continue getting milky during flush, and then harvest. I think most of us get so impatient that we want to rush at the end instead of taking our time w/ the trichomes and the flush.

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's like Tom Petty sang "....The waiting is the hardest part...."
      Thanks for the info.

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice.grow! Enjoy!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X