Tika Decarb Chart and Other PDFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tika Decarb Chart and Other PDFs

This is just what I have found and just what I do . Critique and additions are welcome!I
    It would be wonderful if the forum menu could support "Recipies", "Cannabis Kitchen according to old farts"... food: brownies-cookies etc, tinctures, canna caps, salves so that new people can find easily what has been posted without reinventing the wheel including a forum group approved decarb chart.
    Decarb and pH sleep together....vital to new folk
    Soooo glad it is Friday.
    Thumped (but gotta post my stretch).
    Attached Files
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

THANK YOU! just saved me a bunch of web time, your effort is much appreciated. Very BIG SMILE....Hope I can repay the favor sometime.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      stay happy, stay curious and share

Just downloaded the links you posted_ awesome lady you are!
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      keep your eye out for more info..I know there are peeps that know more & do better...but in the mean time-happy to help

Many thanks. I'll be experimenting.

Comment

Looking at a range of recipes, I've noticed many use 240 F to decarbo, while a lot of other, particularly on this site, using 220 to 225 F. I'm wondering if these differences can be accounted for by altitude? Lot of western US mountain folks here?
      Sites out of the UK and those noting recipes out of western EU, generally use 230 F (or 110 C). Those guys would be much close to sea level, like me.
      One in particular noted that some pro pharma guys in Holland published a study that stated that "110 for 110" was the best combination of heat and time. 110 C (230 F) for 110 minutes.
      So I have a lot of reading done, but little to no experience. Which will change soon.
      Last edited by Jason; 04-01-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Jason, I've been decarbo my hash and trim at about that_ 200 degrees F, for about 2 hrs. Seems to work well but then I've never done it any other way so be good to hear how your experiments/ tests go. Thanks for the info!

Here's an article noting the 240 F temp and 30-60 min, with analysis charts after his tests.

The other day I was asked by an acquaintance why the tincture they were making had very little, if any, noticeable medicinal or psychoactive effect. They swore they followed the same process found in a book on making edibles and soaked the cannabis in high proof for weeks but the tincture just didn’t work. The [&hellip

Comment

I have read others have decarbed for much longer at much lower temps, i.e. 4 hours @ 140°F, has anyone here tried this?

I plan on using my sous vide and trying this but I may go longer to make sure I get full decarboxylation.

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a sous vide too and for the life of me I could not keep the bag properly submerged..forks in the bag etc. i assume you saw the article on it on line?

• GreenDragonRon
          GreenDragonRon commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm planning on decarbing in a mason jar.

Thanks Tika, my lady is gonna be on that tincture recipe as soon as we can score some EverClear.
        Kinda funny that you can buy weed in CA but not EverClear!
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Thank You Tika! This information is very well appreciated! I look forward to trying some or all of them.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

"Kinda funny that you can buy weed in CA but not EverClear!"

Makes sense to me. One is medicine, the other is dangerous as hell.
            Don't ever cut a plug out of watermelon and fill it with EverClear. Over and over until all your EverClear is gone.
            And then by NO means eat any of that watermelon.

EverClear is readily available here.

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              I could never drink that stuff no matter what the proof-gak!

Is Everclear the best to use because of the extremely high alcohol content or could you use some strong moonshine_?

Comment

• Jason
              Jason commented
              Editing a comment
              EverClear is commercial and predictable. Homemade alcohol can have some pretty nasty stuff in it. Although I've tasted some Hubba Bubba in SC that was mighty smooth.

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Apparently the higher proof releases more trichomes. We had to get it from Arizona. Someone brought us stuff from Oregon as well the 151 Bacardi Rum works well enough if you can't get the high proof EC. I was also given some home brew Rum but it was only 110 proof...151 definitely better.

• Jason
              Jason commented
              Editing a comment
              The "problem" with lower than 190-200 proof (95-100% alcohol) is the balance is H20. Which doesn't dissolve anything we want.
              At 190 proof, EverClear is 5% water. 151 proof is almost 25% water.

Running a cooking test now. Digital induction hot plate, peanut oil in pot with glass container on a screen island. Oil set to 280 F, ambient air testing at 230 F.
            Lid on oil pot and double alum on the glass container. Air temp moving from 230-233.

Comment

• Jason
              Jason commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it worked well. I did discover there are a lot of temperature zones within my set up. As there would be in any oven like environment.
              Oil was one temp, air was another temp and air inside the aluminum wrapped glass container was another temp. So I went with the one inside the container.
              Soaking in EverClear now. My local store never runs out of that stuff in three sizes. Found vegetable glycerin so I'll try that next go round. Need to get one of those little crock pots.

Jason, thanks for passing along this information! Gonna help me the next time I make some oil or hash caps. I've never tried using decarbonized hash to cook with or make oil with....I suppose it would be a major pain to strain the hash from the oil. But maybe it would be ok to cook with it directly in whatever you're making? I've made tea with it and if you use something strong and spicy the taste of the hash isn't bad. Just got some of those empty tea bags you can fill yourself and loaded em up with about what I thought was right..about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon. Cheers!

Comment

2 days work practicing what I preach: budder for "ButtUglyBoobie Cookies,& Canna caps.
              hope you all have a great week I am going to stream "just CLl Saul" both seasons..
              nitenite.
              Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
              Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
              GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
              photoperiod feminized seeds
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

So i was looking for everclear and apparently my local liquor store has it lucky me =D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X