Starting auto flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting auto flower

I am new to auto/fem seeds. I was wondering if there is and special techniques to starting them?

I've never grown automatics but to my understanding it's just like a regular seed. Only real difference would be the tight schedule

Comment

The main difference is that auto-flowering strains automatically start making buds when they're about 3-4 weeks old. So at that point you'd treat them a little differently. But until then the care is almost exactly the same Just curious, what type of grow light are you using, and how many hours of light are you giving them each day?

Comment

• Kryptonite4285
        Kryptonite4285 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using a 1500watt full spectrum light with 18hrs of light, I am growing in pro mix, which has a high PH level from the start around 7. I cant seem to get the PH to come down at all. I keep my tent about 70-75 degrees, and the humidity around 50. I use all natural FOX FARM fertilizers. And I am following your website, and having great luck. there are just a few issues I cant seem to get adjusted. 1. I cant get the PH where it should be. 2. I cant get the humidity any higher. my hydrometer says 30%-50% daily. I have a large amount of moister in the tent. ( running down the walls about 3/4 the way up the tent). I have not started my auto seeds yet as I was trying to get my setup regulated better before starting them.

Also, auto's don't like to be transplanted, Anything that could slow growth in veg should be avoided because the growth period is so short. So start the seed in the pot it will finish in.
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

I am using a 1500watt full spectrum light with 18hrs of light, I am growing in pro mix, which has a high PH level from the start around 7. I cant seem to get the PH to come down at all. I keep my tent about 70-75 degrees, and the humidity around 50. I use all natural FOX FARM fertilizers. And I am following your website, and having great luck. there are just a few issues I cant seem to get adjusted. 1. I cant get the PH where it should be. 2. I cant get the humidity any higher. my hydrometer says 30%-50% daily. I have a large amount of moister in the tent. ( running down the walls about 3/4 the way up the tent). I have not started my auto seeds yet as I was trying to get my setup regulated better before starting them.

Comment

With the RH --- I think I might check your hydrometer, unless you have a pretty good temperature extreme between the outside temp and the inside temp? Just seems like a like of condensation going on there, and just guessing but with that much condensation, I would keep a lookout for mold.

Comment

• yamiacaveman
            yamiacaveman commented
            Editing a comment
            Well my other question would be - where is all that humidity coming from?, You're not running a humidifier are you? Anyway way to raise the temps in your tent to like 75 - 80 to see what happens? I would probably run your exhausts fans -- Just my personal opinion but all that moisture in your tent, well I think it's going to lead to trouble in the end for you.

• Kryptonite4285
            Kryptonite4285 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am running a humidifier, without it my humidity is below 20% raising the heat is easy enough. Should I not use a humidifier, and if not what should I do it keep my humidity up?

• yamiacaveman
            yamiacaveman commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you put the humidifier on a timer or run that like your exhaust fan for 5 hours or so?

I start my auto's in a bottomless solo cup embedded in my final pot. This way the seedling gets to start out in a contained environment (basically easier to water without drowning than a full pot would be). Once the seedling's leaves extend beyond the solo cup I cut out the solo cup and the teen seedling is now in her full pot without a traumatic transplant. There are some pics on my journal

Can't take any credit for the technique, I found it on the interwebs somewhere.

This sad my latest seed failed to pop so maybe you shouldn't listen to me
          Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

As far as the pH, if the pH is coming out at 7, but the plant looks okay, then you can keep doing what you're doing. Just keep giving water to the plant at 6 pH until it starts coming out lower than 7

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X