Molasses confusion - US messurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molasses confusion - US messurements

Okay so the plan is to add organic unsulfured molasses, and the US dominates cannabis info resulting in US messurements. Is everything bigger in USA? Google tells me a tablespoon is about 15ml, but the biggest spoon I can find in my house is about 8ml and it gets my head spinning. How many ml would you guys recomend per gal/litre?

With English measurements a tablespoon is a specific measurement of volume. Just use two of the spoons that you say are largest. that should work.
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Allright, thank you Biker Adding it now

Make sure ur already in flower when u add mollasas I found that I was getting a slight case of iron tox when I added Un Sul mollasas in veg stage once I was in flower it seemed to be fine.

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay but today I read about and watched youtube videos of people using it in both fases. Would it work to give less in veg?

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know. Everyone I talked to said during late flower.

Huh okay, there are people using it as a cal/mag supplement, but have no clue if its a good idea.

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Me neither

• tyler_ hobbyist
      tyler_ hobbyist commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hard to say all depends on the cal and Meg. Amounts I know people who put used coffee grounds in the soil for extra nitrogen. So thers always an alternative to pricy nuts but unless u can caluculate the correct amounts I personaly wouldn't unless u were in a pinch lol

Howdy Xaliuz, to convert from the measurement of teaspoons and Tablespoons (a Tablespoon is three teaspoons), use 5 ml for one teaspoon, 15 ml for one Tablespoon, and 30 ml for one ounce. When I used the un-sulphured molasses, I added 1/2 teaspoon per gallon from the grow throughout the bloom. It helped out with plant development, but in a hydroponic system it also feeds things that You do not want growing so maintaining well aerated water and keeping the temperature below 70 degrees F is necessary. I have changed to using different supplements (GH Floralicious Plus and FloraNector) instead of the molasses because they have other beneficial things in they and have done very well for me.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Cheers, tokes & thanks DW2! Was so excited by your response I grabbed a pen, wrote it down and added the molasses without thanking you. Will look into those supplements, they're also inced in the notebook, but think I'm gonna try a round without failing before expanding equipment wise

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X