PH Off Topic for Fishies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PH Off Topic for Fishies

Sorry about the off topic question, but figured of all places to find out, someone here might know already. My wife for her birthday asked me for a Fish Tank and got her a nice set. Ran everything ahead of time for two weeks but now curious to know on a fresh water tank if using the PH down used for the plants can also be used on a fish tank. Fish are rated no higher than 7.0 and found her tank after calibrating my meter to be at 7.4 and have a gallon of PH down so wondering if it can be used on a fish tank. I found it weird how I paid $30 for a gallon of PH down yet Petco has a 4oz for $40?? Anyway, if you know, please let me know.
    P.S. My plants are recovering and show a huge change since I added the plant food yesterday. And no, please don't ever change the name to GrowWeed+FishEasy. Sounds like a snack after a few hits

Only ph down suitable for fish tank would be hydrochloric acid HCl . If that is what you are have then I suggest that you dilute first before using

Comment

That's phosphoric acid and not really suitable and is liable to cause algal problems. You can buy hydrochloric acid from the hardware store Just dilute it about 1 part acid to 9 parts water. Caution always add acid to water and never the other way around.

Comment

• Lord-Xanthor
      Lord-Xanthor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks growmore . My wife appreciates it. As for the acid to water, that's been ingrained in my head for years. I used to manufacture read/write circuit boards when I was 12 during the c64 and Atari days. I would sell them to the schools at $50 each. That was when people found out you could use the other side of a 5.25 floppy disk. I used to buy out Radio Shacks etchant until I discovered DigiKey lol. Then RS lost my business. I mean my god, I as paying $2.99 for an 8 positon IC switch, and $4.99 for ON/Off switch, and DPDT relays were $6.99. Found out DIdiKey had the same IC 8 position for 29 cents, On/Off was 45 cents, and the DPDT relay was 79 cents. And to think I was getting a awesome deal with 10% off.

Yep, in the questions and answer part:

Question: can you list ingredients with %. Thank you!
    Answer: exact amounts are a trade secret however the MSDS on this states:
    Phosphoric acid 10 - 30%
    Ammonium dihydrogenorthophosphate 5 - 10%… see more
    By GardenTroll on December 28, 2015

This product contains food grade Phosphoric acid.
    By Hydro Galaxy SELLER on September 14, 2015

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X