What species is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What species is this?

Hello everyone! This is my first grow and it is coming along nicely. The only issue is that I have no idea what strain this is. The seed was a gift from a friend that got it in a bag. Here are some pics. Going into week 4 of flower now.

There is no telling exactly what strain this is supposed to be.

Comment

I understand. Just hoped that maybe someone could maybe guess. It's a shame not knowing the type of bud it is. It came out great and I have a few clones vegging right now.

Comment

I can't tell u what strain it is but I can tell u that u have 2different plant types on the 1st picture on the left u have a indica hybrid mainly indica and on the middle and the right u have sativas mainly maybe a hybrid but I would be atleast 70percent sativa roughly. As far as the actual strain there's really no way of telling over pictures

Comment

• StoneyTony
          StoneyTony commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what it looks like to me too.

Been trying to find out what my bagseeds are, and what i've learned is that the majority of strains these days are hybrids, a mix of sativa and indica. You are well into the flowering stage by now, how much have they streched? Indicas normaly doubles in hight while sativas can tripple. Indica leaves are fatter and the plants are generaly more bushy with denser buds while sativas got thinner and longer leaves and longer less dens colas. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There's also the aspect of odor but haven't wrapped my head around that yet. I'll add a week old picture of mine, they are long and strechy with skinny leavs and streched 3 times so I guess they're a sativa dominan strain.

Comment

• Xaliuz
          Xaliuz commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh, let me see if i ounderstand you right; the phenotypes are expressions of genetics and like all siblings that aren't one-egged-twins the genetics varies? By the way, is the Candy Cane a less than average stabilized strain or can such variations periodicly just happend?

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          From my knowledge that is correct about what a pheno is. It's my 1st time with candy cane so I can't forsure say that it's unstable grow consistance size/growth sometimes it's just how it was breed or it could even be the strain but like I said this is my 1st time with this strain it could also be the spectrum of the led just because it says 12band doesn't mean it has 10 IR diodes ect.... IR light will make ur plant taller and red light nmakes them shorter. So who knows that coulda played a part idk it's hard to look at my light when it's on lol when it's off they all look the same lol and the manufacture couldn't tell me the ratio of the diodes

• tyler_ hobbyist
          tyler_ hobbyist commented
          Editing a comment
          As far as. The light distance they were the same because that can do it as well if a lights to close or far

On the left the leafs are wider but not complely wide which tells me it's a hybrid of indica domanant. And the other ones the leaves are very skinny but it seemed like some were a bit wider which tells me it might be a hybrid as well but because of the skinnyness it's mainly a sativa

Comment

It's actually from the same plant. I can load up some more pics if you want to see her? I am completely new and have beginners luck. I used this site like a bible and it paid off big time. I really can't thank you all enough.

Comment

This is all really great feedback. I obviously have a lot to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaliuz View Post
              Been trying to find out what my bagseeds are, and what i've learned is that the majority of strains these days are hybrids, a mix of sativa and indica. You are well into the flowering stage by now, how much have they streched? Indicas normaly doubles in hight while sativas can tripple. Indica leaves are fatter and the plants are generaly more bushy with denser buds while sativas got thinner and longer leaves and longer less dens colas. Please correct me if I'm wrong. There's also the aspect of odor but haven't wrapped my head around that yet. I'll add a week old picture of mine, they are long and strechy with skinny leavs and streched 3 times so I guess they're a sativa dominan strain.
              When I switched her over to 12/12 and to a hps she streched maybe 8 inches or so almost right away. I ended up switching her over to a more powerful light 300w to reduce the temp. Had heat issues for a bit.

Comment

• Xaliuz
                Xaliuz commented
                Editing a comment
                8in doesn't say much about the ratio of strech when we don't know the pre 12-12 height. Your girls look realy happy!

Get it tested at a lab to determine strain...
              Grow and good luck
              Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the input and will keep connected with everyone. Talk soon!

Comment

• StoneyTony
                  StoneyTony commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Either way it looks like you lucked-out with the bag seed. The girls look good.

Absolutely. I lucked out big time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X