Role Reversal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Role Reversal?

Hey my son is coming home for a visit -- do I have to hide my stuff?

Aot of factors not stated. How old is he probably the biggest.
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

That is one of my concerns. Very stealth grow in the basement, in a "closet". Daughter and partner visit often and the H20 cooler is in the basement.
      I try to be very attentive to her needs when she comes home...."I'll fill the water for you"...

Comment

I would say no. If he's old enough to know what it is then is old enough to know it's not a big deal and not a concern. Its like alcohol. You may don't wanna be drunk or put a bad example but having some beers or wine in the house is not a problem.
        Thats how I see it. If he asks take the opportunity to talk to him be honest and loving. That's what family is about

Comment

• furrysparkle
          furrysparkle commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly!

• GDTRFB95
          GDTRFB95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well said

Well, to answer the question above -- he's 33.

I just thought it was a funny situation -- when I was young I was hiding the weed from my parents - now that I'm a parent I'm still hiding the weed? lol.

It's also one of those things that Parents don't do, lol.

Not that he will care if he finds out, I know it's not his thing, and anyway ---

I'm at the point in my life, where I haven't had parents to listen to for years now, a few years ago I retired, so no one to listen to there, I listen to my wife but I only hear what I want - so now it's my time for a few years so I kind of do what I want for a change, lol.

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Butt, will He want to smoke it all? Just to keep it out of 'senile' hands? LOL!

• yamiacaveman
          yamiacaveman commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now that you mention it, I better keep an eye on him!

Considering I'm growing in a state where it is a felony to cultivate any amount....I'm following the guidelines on GWE... Stealth Growing: How to NOT get Caught Growing Weed...Don't talk about it.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't. Even though I NEVER tell anyone else, not even my best friend, I told a family member once and it ended up coming back to bite me. They told their SO, who told someone, who told someone... I figure, if you can't trust yourself not to tell anyone, how can you trust them not to? I think a lot of people "tell on" you without meaning to. For example they may just be really proud and want to brag on your behalf. But secrets have a way of spreading once they're out of the bag!

Comment

Originally posted by yamiacaveman View Post
            Hey my son is coming home for a visit -- do I have to hide my stuff?
            I was in the same boat, only my son has kids too! I hid it and locked off the ROOM! But he said, dad, if your going to hide your stuff, you might want to hide your grow books too! Lol
            Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• yamiacaveman
              yamiacaveman commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, caught.

I have two kids bouth out of the house ( thank god) and married.I told the one that could Handel it. The other I didn't she would freek,who needs that?thay bouth visit often and have a good repore with them. I lock up the grow room when thay come over and all is right. Y make a problem just my .02$

Comment

Well - He came and left and I don't think I got caught, lol, not that I was going to but at least I did not have to explain myself, until next time, lol.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X