Boy what a bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy what a bummer

So my blue dream turns out to be a boy. I'm thinking to keep him to collect pollen. Wondering how much light he needs to produce some like can I put in front of the window in a different part of the house? Any suggestions? Who else here has been there done that? Advisement would be very much appreciated
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

I wouldn't want that anywhere near my house! I would not have a clue what to do with it. I would rather leave the breeding up to people who know what they are doing. These take so long to grow a mistake takes a year to get back to the same place in the plants life. Well maybe not quite a year but long enough.
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

GD, I had a Green Crack turn out to be a boy on my second grow; I just removed it, RIP. You're definitely gonna want to remove it from any contact with your girls, if you have any growing, but I assume that the same schedule that makes females flower will make males produce pollen, since they have to do it at the same time...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I don't have any cannabis breeding experience, but from what I've heard about it's pollen (airborne dust), you might want to harvest outside to avoid getting any pollen inside your grow room. You could inadvertently pollinate your next crop with pollen hanging around your house.

Comment

I would strip plant down to a 1 or 2 branches. Easier to manage. About breeding, it's above my pay grade.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Check u tube videos, very tedious job. Check Vader og cannabis pollination.

I had just took 3 clones off of it that rooted so going to chuck the big one at least for now. Also found that 2 later started gsc are both males. So i have 3 GSC fems with a small clone and 2 Sweetooththat are just showing fem. Actually happy because this is going to give more space in there for them to get bigger
          Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
          General Organics Go Box
          ProMix HP
          1>3>7 gal smartpots
          Well water PH 6.38

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
            Jibblerjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            You got find what are best traits in the male plants. Tech. You are suppose to grow those males out to see what they will bring to party. Keep a clone of each male to go back too for the breeding. If you Google Subcool, he has many articles on the subject of breeding mj, there are many others also.

I already have a clone of the blue dream (was going to save for a mother) which grew a crazy huge main cola and basically topped itself pics attached of blue dream male
          Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
          General Organics Go Box
          ProMix HP
          1>3>7 gal smartpots
          Well water PH 6.38

Comment

i have a book that shows where someone individually bagged the boy branches and sealed them kind of like a really big tootsie roll, if that makes sense. just an idea....
            "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              And suffocated them to death??? That's cruel and unusual punishment!!! ;-}

After alot of thought... too much going on right now to do this. If they look even more defined as males when lights go on pulling them all
            Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
            General Organics Go Box
            ProMix HP
            1>3>7 gal smartpots
            Well water PH 6.38

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              It hurts like hell, but many of us have been there. Get nice and high afterwards...

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I did.. believe me I did

Just make some butter with it

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              Choped up and added to my compost pile already

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X