Transparent spots on leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transparent spots on leaves.

This is my first time growing cannabis and I don´t know much. Some transparent spots appeared on my new plant overnight. Is this some kind of bug? is the plant sick? what can I do? Thank you.

It might be leaf miners, or not. This is a great page for diagnosing bug problems. http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow
    It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
    Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
    Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• BultitoAsesino
      BultitoAsesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! the link you provided was very helpful! It seems to be miners, yes. Sadly I´ll have to wait untill monday to buy neem oil, I hope it is not too late by then.

BultitoAsesino

Bienvenido!!!

In the meantime, you could mix up a little of either of these:

Oil-Based Insecticide
    Oil spray insecticide can easily be made from mild soap (Castile works great) and vegetable oil. This simple, yet effective spray will kill insects such as aphids, thrips, and mites by suffocation. The solution blocks their pores.

To create your own solution, mix 1 cup of oil with 1 Tbl of soap. Mix it up well then dilute 2 teaspoons of it in 1 quart of water.

Soap-Based Insecticide
    Soap spray insecticide is similar to oil spray, except it doesn’t have the vegetable oil. It also kills insects but is particularly useful for whiteflies, mites, and beetles. Soap spray and oil spray can be used at any time, but are best applied near dawn or dusk.

To make a soap-based insecticide mix 1 ½ tsp of mild soap with a quart of water. Spray it directly on our plants.

From Robert Bergman's ILGM site.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• BultitoAsesino
      BultitoAsesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you a lot! I prepared the oil-based isecticide and I plan to use it at dusk, hope it helps!!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Just make sure to spray it under leaves as well as on top; ahógalos y asesínalos!!!!

• BultitoAsesino
      BultitoAsesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do!!!

Originally posted by alltatup View Post
    BultitoAsesino

Bienvenido!!!

In the meantime, you could mix up a little of either of these:

Oil-Based Insecticide
    Oil spray insecticide can easily be made from mild soap (Castile works great) and vegetable oil. This simple, yet effective spray will kill insects such as aphids, thrips, and mites by suffocation. The solution blocks their pores.

To create your own solution, mix 1 cup of oil with 1 Tbl of soap. Mix it up well then dilute 2 teaspoons of it in 1 quart of water.

Soap-Based Insecticide
    Soap spray insecticide is similar to oil spray, except it doesn’t have the vegetable oil. It also kills insects but is particularly useful for whiteflies, mites, and beetles. Soap spray and oil spray can be used at any time, but are best applied near dawn or dusk.

To make a soap-based insecticide mix 1 ½ tsp of mild soap with a quart of water. Spray it directly on our plants.

From Robert Bergman's ILGM site.
    Lets see what happens, the leaves are now hanging because of the weight of the water.

Comment

The homemade insecticide did not work very well, today I found what seems to be a thrip and a green worm. I accuaired neem oil today and used it on the plant. I'll submit pictures of the perpetuators.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        DISGUSTING!!! Kill all the little bastards!!! At least you caught it very quickly; good eye!!! Hope this works quickly for you!!

Oil seems to be doing its job, today I did not noticie further damage to the leaves

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job!!! I hope they don't come back, but it's always good to get these lessons under our belts!! She looks lovely and vigorous.

• BultitoAsesino
        BultitoAsesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X