Leaves crumpled up as growing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves crumpled up as growing?

Can somebody please tell me why my leaves are growing all crumpled up? Spechilly the centre ones just growing there just like pure spikes? I'm really confused..

Hey Asho, Something isn't right: your plants look yellow. Are you checking pH? Are you over-feeding? Did you plant them in hot soil? Too much light? Not enough water?
    Hopefully, someone with more expertise than I have will help you today; good luck!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Asho p
      Asho p commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey,

Yes this is my problem I'm so unsure, I water them then wait every 2-3 days, just plain PH'd water, lights 25 inches above the plants on a cycle of 18 on 6 off, good air circulation inside the tent, 25 degrees constantly? I'm actually thinking about packing it in as they seem to be dying off rather than anything else?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Asho p I killed so many seeds and seedlings on my first grow: it happens!! If you got some kind of soil that was already enriched, that is "hot soil" and would prolly kill the seedlings, who aren't ready for nutes. This is not a cheap hobby, as I have learned, and all the businesses that are catering to growers jack up the prices because they can. You had better get some kind of soil that's specifically for this special plant. And if these girls die, get right back into it and germinate again. Read and read and read on the GWE website: so many of us have learned just about all we know from Nebula's website.

• Asho p
      Asho p commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess your right but which soil is a decent soil to use? Fox farm is expensive to order in the UK ha...
      I may be underwatering then as I am using 60litre tubs and put only a bit around the middle?

What type of soil are you using? What type of light? And what type of pot? They look small but I can't tell if that is a solo cup or not.
    Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
    4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

• Asho p
      Asho p commented
      Editing a comment
      The light is an omega 600watt hps light, and they was in a small pot, but ive been fed that much horse crap somebody told me to put them in 60litre pots? Because I'm new I have no idea what to do even though I've read up all sorts and done hours upon if of research...the soil I'm using Is just some basic soil from my local garden centre as I didn't think it mattered what I used to start with?

• StoneyTony
      StoneyTony commented
      Editing a comment
      First, 60ltr?! Those are huge pots for such small plants! You will NOT have to water often. How old are the plants? I might try moving them to something smaller (3ltr pot maybe). Second, do you have a dimmable ballast for you light? You plants look young still. If, you can, turn your ballast to the lowest setting. With a 600w light, even at 25in will be too hot for young plants.

Depending what type of plant your growing -- 3 -5 gallon pots -- Uk I don't know how they sell pots but that like 12litre - 19 litre??? Basic soil again UK, not sure, but you can check the Fox Farm ingredients and see if you can find something similar in UK? I would try to stay on the more organic side, only because some potting soils mix in nutrients to their soil mix, and they might be of the wrong type and amount, like alltatup said "hot soil". Watch your watering, if you are using small pots for the seedling, after your first watering get to know the feel of a fully watered plant -- then let it dry out pretty good, maybe try 3 to 5 days, but you really have to try and adjust that yourself.

Good luck

Comment

• yamiacaveman
      yamiacaveman commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot -- If you have Perlite over there or something similar -- use at least I 1/3 mix of that with whatever soil you are using.

• Asho p
      Asho p commented
      Editing a comment
      Ill have a look at some different types of soil then i guess, i can order 100l bags of perlite online so i will order some of that stuff too...yeah 60litre is 13 gallon ha which i said originally was too big but was told by somebody no there fine as they will grow bigger roots ect for bigger plamts? god knows ha. thanks for the advice though i think its a little warm for them in there anyhow as the new leaves are turning into taco like things.

can you get a shot with natural light? the hps makes it hard to see true color. also, what is your humidity level? your plants are not dying. least not the plant in the photo. don't pull them. you have time to figure it out and fix it. these are nice early signs of a problem.
    if humidity is under 45%, get it up over 46 and try to keep it there. my peppermint kush didn't really care much if humidity was low, but the 24k gold I'm vegging does better at 50% or better.
    if those plants really are as pale as they look in yellow light then I'd probably look closer at a nutrient issue.
    I will log in on my phone so I can show you what I have going. lots of crumpling!

Comment

i got these seeds wet 12 days ago. been showing crumpling leaves from tbe start. 2 things ive narrowed it down to in order of likelihood.
      1. nutes
      this time i started with nutes and a root enhancer. while they do not show signs of burn, wilting, or any terminal stress, it could simply be the savage growth rate in such a small plant. 3 and 4 nodes in 12 days from seed is just puking leaves.

2. heat stress
      the general temps at site level stay between 77° and 81°f. the actual plant sites could well be 3 or 4 degrees warmer due to the fact that i used BLACK site covers. so its possible this is stressing them a little.

im still super new at this. flowering my first grow, vegging the second. but we have similar things going on in the same stages and i thought maybe a comparison might help.
      i havent posted this as an issue yet because other than the strange growth, my plants are crazy healthy and strong. yours look that way too otherwise, i just wish i could see thier real color.
      so, since there is no immediate threat to my plants, im just keeping a close eye on them. if it really is a problem, i figure more obvious symptoms will show with time. if not, it might just level off as the plant matures.

Comment

Hi IH, Nice looking girls and I really do not think you have anything to worry about. I have two chocolate skunk auto's going now that I think are growing great.
        The pics are well one is 12 days and the other 13 days (i'm not sure which is which). Both were growing so fast that I had to experiment and top that twice. They are both in 5 gal pots and the spread on the one is 13inches. but if you look close at the topped once pic, the first two leaves on the right are deformed, that's the way they hatched and have been that way since birth. The other had very similar damage at birth but i chopped those off already.
        I guess what I'm trying to say, damage leaves, discolored leaves, bent up or down leaves, if it's only one or even a few out of I whole plant , as long as the rest of the plant looks good and if your problem is not spreading, I move on, and so do the plants and your look great.
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X