Old school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school

Just a "recheck" on who's here. Got a helluva buzz going so please excuse the ramble... who remembers popping quaaludes like skiddels, or LSD in an eyedropper on sugar cubes??? Summer of love people, please respond... seems so long ago... "the times they are a changing"

DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

I do. The times they are a changed. A twenty something asked me the other day "what was real pure LSD like?" Did not know what a quaalude is or was. I guess they still sell them in South Africa.

Comment

I remember LSD and peyote: had one fantastic trip on peyote during the summer of 71. LSD I wasn't so crazy about; it was a little too much for me at that point in my life. Never ever did a Lude; wasn't into downers. Favorite music: Quicksilver Messenger Service, Traffic, Cat Stevens, Jethro Tull, Mothers of Invention.
      Back in them days, we had these heavy, immobile black objects in the house with holes in them called telephones. You could not take it with you. You was either there or you wasn't when it rang. It took an entire 40 seconds to dial a number--an eternity to a millenial...
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did we ever survive such terrible hardships?

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        DW2, we were the better for all those hardships... ;-}

I'm in there with you guys. With all of the above mentioned, plus there was a time when Mescaline was popular.

Hey alltatup, in a few weeks, I will have probably chopped my first plant, I will wait for it to dry, but probably not cure all the way. My plans are to roll up a fatty fire it up, and for some reason, I keep on wanting to throw on Thick as a Brick, to veg out with. So far I'm going with that. I have one Traffic album (mp3) can't remember the title, the one with the Song of Job on it. Lot of Cat Stevens, terabytes of other stuff.

A post like this can bring back a lot of memories.

Comment

• Insight
        Insight commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhh...memories.
        Remember the above and also having some Magic Mushrooms and Microdot Acid (about the size of a poppy seed). Dropped 2 of those the night Richard Nixon was impeached and then strolled through a graveyard around 2AM...very surreal.

One of my fondest memories was waking up Sunday mornings to the sound of Jonathan Edwards....Shanty. (and I still listen to vinyl and vacuum tubes (valves to the UK folks).

• yamiacaveman
        yamiacaveman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey drbabe, the night Nixon resigned, I was at a concert -- Uriah Heep, Manfred Mann, and Blue Oyster Cult. Funny how you remember certain things, especially when you're so wasted.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        The night Nixon resigned: it was a very good night...

Quaaludes were a hoot, especially combined with some good weed. The topic brought a whole crapload of memories of the early seventies lol.Acid was a different story, it was the only 'drug' (other than alcohol) that I was addicted to. Loved the total mind buzz. Needless to say I haven't done any acid or peyote for decades.
      It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
      Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
      Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X