• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

When do you count day 1 of grow? Click image for larger version

Name:	20170324_070930.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	6.67 MB
ID:	71485 is this counted as 1st day, it opened yesterday?
    thanks for input folks.

This is my fourth grow and I'm not sure when to mark day 1.

Comment

For me, it's when the seed pops out of the dirt (or whatever medium you're using), stands erect, and shows it's first set of leaves.
      I only say that, because some seeds sprout in 3 days some a week and some never come up - so where do you begin? Good Question. I guess you can always state Day 1, seed started or Day 1 from sprouting.

I guess we should have a place to look up definitions?

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I think day 1 from sprout. Nice. I am noob I like too look back and know for sure which week plant is on. I had read many different takes on when day 1 begins. Mostly for thread purpose.
        Last edited by Jibblerjoe; 03-25-2017, 08:15 AM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        OR: make up our own definitions. On another forum I look at, one person insists on forcing her opinions on everyone else. She says, No, you don't count flowering until you see the first bud. I say flowering starts when I switch to 12/12 HPS and change nutes.

I count my grow from when I see the little baby pop up and show life. I guess I call early germination and teeny weeny seedling a "pre-grow phase," because I'm not doing nutes yet, but I start counting when I can see that my germination is successful.

I count 'Day One' from the day that the root sprouts from the seed and I place them into the rockwool cubes. My $0.02 worth.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
        Jibblerjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X