Lavender close to harvest- 1st Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavender close to harvest- 1st Hydro

Night shots with lights out. Hope I didn't scare the girls.
    They're probably coming down incrementally over the next one/two weeks.
    These don't show the color. Red stripes are all over the place on the stems and fan leaves all have red stems.
    Very pleasant, perfumie aroma.

Very nice looking!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thank you.
      Better shots later when I defoliate prior to harvest. One was FIM'd, the other two left alone. One of those left alone was a runt that pretty much
      turned into one spike. It was free, so what the heck. Next time I'll look at more training and some defoliation. I just didn't want to ruin this first attempt.
      The grow area is 24 x 24 x 72. I think it got a little crowded or maybe a bit of a SOG look with so many fan leaves.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the runts, too!!!

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, I have no problem with late bloomers. It was a freebie, so why not her in? She is maturing earlier than the actual plants.

A few close up with LED's on. Just wanted to see what the macro setting on the camera would do.
      There are some touches of color on the buds, but not like this. The tri's are looking milky with some little amber heads popping up.

Comment

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        I could look at something similar for my phone. I am religiously not Apple. I bought my first PC in 1988 for $12,000.00. Apples were so un customizeable for what I was doing. Mostly build what I use for my work. And I hate MS.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn!! That was an expensive computer! My first was an IBM back in 89. But anyway, it's a fantastic app that allows you to save pics, freeze frame, zoom in, etc.

• Jason
        Jason commented
        Editing a comment
        It was for my studio, so it was a business expense. Then my brother took it into his software research lab (his personal computers at work were two Cray main frames) and souped it up quite a bit.

Took a secondary branch this morning. I think I'm pleased with the chubbiness.

Comment

Changed cameras.
        Close ups of the head of the flower.
        This is the plant that was FIM'd.

Comment

This is my runt plant. The entire plant, except for a few lower "branches" I took off earlier. It was LST'd a bit to try to get it out from under the bigger girls.
          My friend was going to throw the clone away, so it was a freebie. Mejor que nada. Smells like perfume.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            That bud ain't no runt!!

• Jason
            Jason commented
            Editing a comment
            It's actually the whole dang plant girl! My friend said "I've got this tiny thing I was going to throw out. You want it?" Duh! Glad I did.. She suffered under the big girls, but the LST let her breath a bit. I think she'll be a birthday present to a friend. She'll faint. Her husband will be ecstatic. His eyes will turn to saucers.

• ZigZag
            ZigZag commented
            Editing a comment
            jason, I'm about to harvest two S.A.D. autos and they are small too. Gonna have one big cola and about 6 smaller ones. The plants are only about 15" tall_smallest I've ever grown. But buds are huge compared to the size of the plant. Would be a good choice for growers without much vertical height. All of them look real nice_looking forward to the smoke I bet! They are also the first to finish_ gonna be about 60 days from emergence. Cheers!

Gorgeous! I agree, that Lavender is starting to get close! Maybe another week or two? Just be careful never to interrupt their dark period with light, or it can cause them to revert back to the vegetative stage and kill all your beautiful buds! Just one interrupted night period shouldn't do anything, but it's definitely something you want to avoid! One idea is to take pictures right before, or right after lights on. That way you're only extending their day period by a few minutes. Or you can just turn off the grow light and take pictures, then turn the grow light back on, so you don't interrupt the night period at all!

You're not kidding about those buds being chunky!

Comment

Hey. Thanks for posting.

I'm being careful about liquids and light. I hate interrupting, so that is minimal. They are in a tiled then reflective environment, so its pretty opaque.
            I think I will be patient with the remainder. Those pistils are getting toasty and I'm seeing little amber heads, not visible in the pics. I use a 25X for inspection. I doubt the
            macro is at that magnification. I think the coming days will see more "loses" to the greenery.

All props to this site for insights, pics, articles, feedback, exemplars, etc. You also have excellent web design, hosting, etc.

These flowers are like kielbasa sausages.

I'll raise this again just for the aroma. If you want to raise a perfume factory try Soma's Lavender #2.

I walk around just smelling my fingers. How crazy is that?

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Not crazy at all!! I love the aroma on my fingers after working with the girls; it's intoxicatingly beautiful! ;-}

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Smelling your fingers after a pruning session..... I'd like to know who doesn't!

Incremental harvest. Drier on the left, fresh cut on the right. Tagged with date and plant number. A few will hit the Cure Jar today.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice!!! To the cure jar with em!!!

It's neat to see them at two different stages of drying like that. They look very chunky, congratulations!

Comment

• Jason
              Jason commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. Happy here. And many thanks for the advice on this site.
              Got the temp and RH set right for drying. Ripening seems to have slowed with the change to Flush/Water.
              So I'll be patient waiting for some more amber tops.

Took 7-8 branches today. This one is the top of the plant I left alone (no FIM).
            Everybody grew to about 24".
            I'm leaving the lower branches for some more days to see how they develop. Tric's could use some more translucence.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a gorgeous bud, Jason!!

Hallelujah! Nice, Spark it up an tell us about it. Peace Brother. OUT.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Cut everybody yesterday. Here they are drying. Got the room set up to 70 F, 50 % RH, so they are drying slowly. Some were cut 3/31. They are more dense and darker in this shot.
              Four branches are in jars. I'm guessing 4-5 ozs from the two larger plants. Finished height was 24". Planted clones in the WaterFarm Jan. 13, harvested 3/31 and 4/3. GH Trio + CaMg+, (2) $70 300 W LED's, 2 x 2 x 6 grow space.
              Effect, taste and smoothness is like nothing I've ever had. The Flush seems to have really had a beneficial effect on smoothness. Pure white ash. My friends are like WTF!
              Can't wait to see how they develop during Cure.
              DIY is definitely the way to go.
              Last edited by Jason; 04-04-2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what my friends say!!! It feels GOOD, don't it!!!! Great job!

Way to go Jason! Good job young man. I knew it had to be nice. Peace
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X