Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soil recommendations for 1st time grower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil recommendations for 1st time grower?

This will be my first grow and I will be using soil. Doing research can almost cause more confusion. I am looking for a relatively easy soil to start the seeds/veg process. I heard fox farm ocean forest and happy frog are both good and loaded with nutes capable of lasting 2 to 4 weeks with added more. Does anyone have any recommendations or recipes that are not too complicated for a first grow. The most common recipe I see is using one of these soils and adding about 25%of petite.

Any recommendations or recipes greatly appreciated. Would like to stay relatively simple for first grow.

Thanks in advance!!

Hello, I'm an organic living soil user myself. I make my own soil and blend into a brand called lady bug brand vortex, full of microbes, enzymes, cultures & activators.

I'm also using a very easy to use soil substitute called coco-loco by fox farms. It seems to be working quite well and is very ammendable to suit your needs. Using a soil that you dont understand can yield low results because of the nutrients that are already available in alot of soils and the nutrients you add may not mix. Coco is very forgiving compared to soil. Maybe look into it for yourself and tell me what you think

Comment

• Jr420
      Jr420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I'll check it out!

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, I'm happy to help. A recommendation without an explanation holds little weight in my opinion. Sorry if I'm long winded lol

I mix ocean forest and coco coir 1 part each. Coco holds salt so make sure to flush every 3-4 feedings
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

My soil recomendations for a new grower is perlight and promix 50/50 every good drainage for makeing mistakes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X