Anything to help harsh weed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything to help harsh weed?

hi everyone, I've got some weed to carry me over till I harvest, but it's very harsh. Anything I can do?

Sugar leaves and such? Put it all in a large container of very cold water and leave it for a few hours. Rinse and spread out to dry. When dry roll and smoke.
    The cold, cold water will keep the THC intact on whatever you have and this treatment will take the chlorophyll (the green stuff) out of it. The chlorophyll is what makes it harsh.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks, not a lot of leaves. Just outdoor, backwood stuff, not cured, in a bag, etc, etc.

Comment

• Chowder
        Chowder commented
        Editing a comment
        Just very harsh taste, and harsh smoking. But, better than none. For now..........

• Lotusyde
        Lotusyde commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Herb is a blessing

Stuff some semi crushed ice in a bubbler??
      Worked for me every time

Comment

Depending where you live.........Snow Bongs.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Is it possible to get a vaporizer? Vaporizing weed tends to be far less harsh than smoking in general, and it can help harsh weed because you're not burning up all that bad stuff and breathing in the smoke.

It can help to put your buds in glass jars with Boveda 62 packs for storage, so they can cure a little bit if they haven't been cured yet. Just make sure they feel dry to the touch, and open up the jars at least once a day because you don't want it to be moist in there. Curing can really help, especially if part of the problem is they're fresh or wet.

If you have a lot, you could use some of the buds to make bubble hash or dry ice hash, which filters out pretty much everything except for the cannabinoids. Then you could use the hash sprinkled on some of the rest of your weed. That would makes it stronger so you don't need to put as much smoke in your lungs to get the same effect.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed 100%!! Vaping weed is much, MUCH easier on the lungs!!

• Chowder
              Chowder commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I don't have a vaporizer right now, but have used one and I do agree. I've never made hash before but would like to try.

• starramus
              starramus commented
              Editing a comment
              Even with recommended flushing and the addition of black strap molasses smoking is always a harsh experience. A good vape such as the Arizer Extreme Q will bring out an intriguing almost baroque ensemble of flavors and smells. Highly enjoyable!

Chowder, I have smoked harsh un-cured weed before by baking it in an oven, wrapped in foil (closed up) at 220 deg. F, for two hours. The smoke comes out browned and dry. I re-hydrate it with either a little steam or by placing an orange wedge or an apple slice in a baggie with it. The re-hydration makes it smother and burn a little slower. You could also add it to some hot water and have it as a tea.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool!!!!!!!

Right on, going to try the orange peel first. Thanks. Also, a friend hooked me up with a small amount of the quality I'm attempting to grow myself. Lol peace!

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Take care of them lungs, Chowder! ;-]

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea Chowder! I baked some new trim (in the curing jar about 10 days), placed the orange peel in the baggie instead of the orange wedge, and it re-hydrated the baked trim in just a couple of hours (the wedge took over night). The trim smoked a lot smoother than without the bake and re-hydration. I think that I will pick up a couple of limes and lemons, to try the peel from them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Tried the orange peel, worked great! Thank you growers, peace.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X