Male or Female

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male or Female

This plant is 6 weeks old. I see a little leaf thingy growing up on either side of the stem, you can see the one in the pic, the other one is more difficult to see but it is there. Is this what we look at to determine male/female? Is it possible to tell with this plant yet? I see no definitive balls on any of my plants, but it's all bag seed (from a medical dealer) and the odds are that at least one has to be male, right?

Are you into the flowering phase? It's hard to tell otherwise.

Comment

No, just veg for now. But I thought I read on here that you could sometimes tell even in the veg state between 3 - 6 weeks.

EDIT: Nevermind, those leaf thingys are just the stipules. So, at 6 weeks, I see no evidence of preflowering yet. Is this normal?
      Last edited by morlane; 03-19-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• Lotusyde
        Lotusyde commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's why I asked. Like DW2 said, you'll won't know for sute until you flower them. By week 2 of flowering, you'll have a definite answer.

The structure is appearing female. You should notice something soon. I personally veg for 4-5 weeks total. But it all depends on the set up

Comment

Thank you, good to hear an encouraging word about it.

Comment

morlane, they will not show definite. signs of their gender until they are in the flowering light cycle. There are a few precursors, crossed stipules, aligned or offset growth nodes (stems), and others, but the only certain way that I've noticed is that when a pistil 'pops' out of the calyx, it's a girl.
          Good luck with Your grow.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Lotusyde
            Lotusyde commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed indeed 😊

Thanks. I think I'm going to give them maybe a couple more weeks, then start the flower cycle.

Comment

• Lotusyde
            Lotusyde commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes shorter is better. Can we see a photo of them from a bit further back?

This is all I have from probably two to three weeks ago, no close ups though. The last one is my current pic, they're all tied back.
          Last edited by morlane; 03-20-2017, 10:34 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X