Use of Bovida 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of Bovida 62

I'm using Bovida 62 in glass jars during curing stage. How long should you leave them in?

I was under the impression that thay were used for long turm storage,after the cure was done. That's the way I use the 62. I keep them in until I use or thay get hard and don't work any more..02$

Comment

• Bikerstonrr
      Bikerstonrr commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I heard, long term storage. I may have seen it on the main site.

Leave them in until they turn hard and all the moisture inside is gone.

Comment

If you read the article on Curing here written by Nebula Haze I do believe, it is pointed out the Bovada's keep the humidity at that % and would slow down the curing process seriously, THEY ARE NOT MEANT TO BE USED TO DRY YOUR CANNABIS... Even their website tells you that! It will seriously shorten the life of the packet, they are more for when the curing is done and you want to keep your buds at the perfect humidity % to pull them out and smoke them, dry them to much and bring them back with a Bovada packet, I've enjoyed buds that was to dry a couple of days later in a jar with a packet of that only to return to a smooth, fine quality smoke with a much better high because it was returned to the right humidity %.
      The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The Buds are air dried for a week before being placed in a glass jar to cure. I thought that the purpose of Bovida was to maintain proper humidity in the jar to allow for a slow cure. Then opening the jar daily allows in fresh air and releases accumulated moisture to prevent mold, is part of the slow curing process which makes sense. If used after the cure is complete as suggested, then my question remains - do the packets remain in the jar in order to keep the buds "at the perfect humidity %".

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          Some users claim that the Bovida packs impact the taste (in a negative way) of their buds if left in the jar for long term storage. I have used them for long term, but have not noticed any negative impact.
          My answer is yes, you do leave the packs in the jar for long term storage. Yes, they will keep the humidity in the jar at 62% for as long as the packs are soft. Once the packs get hard, they are no longer effective. Since the humidity in a long term sealed jar doesn't change much, after 14 months my packs are still soft. When I open a new jar, I put the used pack in a sealed pint jar marked "used" and use them till they are used up. Yes, I am cheap.
          Others, who say no, are not wrong either because if they feel it hurts taste and that would be a 'non-negotiable' reason to not use them.
          My test was to use them in some jars and not use them in others to find out. How you decide is a matter of personal preference. I hope this answers your questions.

P.S. Welcome to the site

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not cheap, Flockshot: that's proper use of the packs, which ain't cheap!

I agree with all who said use the 62 for long-term storage, after the initial curing and sweating process.

Yes, they do remain in the jar to preserve the perfect humidity. I used them after the first couple weeks of curing since you have to open the jars to burp regularly.
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X