Prune or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prune or not?

I have some decent flowering underway, I think. Should I prune those big fan leaves near the top to expose lower buds more?

At this stage it probably wouldnt do any harm but would help some. So yes, I would thin out about 20 percent of the larger leaves. How much you actually take is a matter of personal preference.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

pretty little thing!!
      maybe try and tuck away the lower ones on that top cola, dont know if id mess with taking leaves from colas unless they cant be tucked. the ones above that dont seem to be blocking anything tho.
      looks really nice.

Comment

Thank you both. So I am a total rookie. By tuck them, do you mean like use plant ties to pull them down?

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
          intergalactic_harvester commented
          Editing a comment
          nah, if you have to go that far then better to cut it.
          try to bend it down and close to the stem and get it wedged between other leaves/stems. dont be afraid to twist it. if it breaks not that big a deal.
          im bout 3 weeks into my first bloom, so i get a lil nervous about defol during this time too. just doesnt seem like the time for fucking up. and i tend to get scissor happy in my tent.
          seems like a tricky balance. need enough leaves to power big buds. need enough airflow space to prevent mold. need light to hit all your bud sites. and on top of tbat, after 5 weeks shes about done making leaves!
          the website says over n over to tuck if you can, especially for beginners. better to take less during flower than too much. so im just being careful right now.

Tbone
        Planet looking very nice. Compared to me you are a pro. I am on my first grow.
        Just planted my seedlings from Germination. From what I have learned and I could be wrong, Trimming the larger leafs will help send more nutrients to the buds. Best of luck Tbone you seem to have a handle on it.

Comment

Take those 4 top ones right off! I say this because I can see there are some large fans towards the bottom still, and theres a decent amount that will grow out once you take those off. Im not a pro(yet) but I believe that is the best thing you could possibly do! The buds will swell up and you will probably be able to do it again within a couple weeks with a similar effect! How long have you been into 12/12, and do you know the strain?
          Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
          4'x4'x7' grow tent
          General Organics Go Box
          ProMix HP
          1>3>7 gal smartpots
          Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

Thanks all. It's good to see that this one is actually a hard issue – – I'm learning. It is snow white from nirvana (strongly recommended - very easy) in fifth week of flower, but really more like third or fourth week because I wasted a week with a heater off that shut down the growth. I think I'm going to take it slow and chop one of those big leaves at a time and make sure that she's reacting OK

Comment

• GDTRFB95
              GDTRFB95 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you're only that far into flowering definitely take those to leaves off IMHO. Read the article on th GWE main page will explian there! Good luck things look pretty good to me without having all your details. Read all the articles there and it will help a lot!

Rule of thumb until you are a plant reader... if a site has two leaves to offer you..take one...

Let the light shine all the way down!! You have tons of leaves that I would cut off right now!!!

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
              intergalactic_harvester commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you green. I remember you sayin that a lil while back just wasn't sure if that applies to bloom stages too.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X