X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beginner consult

5ft X 5ft, highly6.5ft,A tent
    consult LED power How to choose ?

I am not a LED guy so I can't help with that, but I would like to remind you to make sure you get a light that supports your temperature needs (basically keeping your tent in the 70'sF.
    Sometimes we get so concerned with getting the best light we can, without being sure how we will control it. (I use MH/HPS 600w and it is considered a 'hot' light)
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      And welcome to the site. We at glad to have you here.

Originally posted by Flockshot View Post
    I am not a LED guy so I can't help with that, but I would like to remind you to make sure you get a light that supports your temperature needs (basically keeping your tent in the 70'sF.
    Sometimes we get so concerned with getting the best light we can, without being sure how we will control it. (I use MH/HPS 600w and it is considered a 'hot' light)
    I'm going to main use of LED
    HPS I consider Small power As flowering auxiliary

Comment

sun yuan, this may help you:

Learn how much heat, electricity and yields to expect with LED grow lights, and learn which LED companies test their lights on real cannabis plants!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I use 2 300 watt LED's in a 2.5 by 4.0 feet and even closed my closet has yet to be over 76 degrees.

I like them for the low temp output and they seem to have enough power ready (almost) to harvest my second lady
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• GDTRFB95
          GDTRFB95 commented
          Editing a comment
          300W draw from the wall? I have 2 600w led lights and they pull about 380 each from the wall. Which is the wattage you would use for a watts to gram ratio. I will say they definetly create some heat when all switches are powered on but easily controlable (in winter) with a small inline fan vent system. I have to keep my inline on low or else it gets to cool in there right now and humidity drops. I feel it should be easily manageable in summer.. crank the fan power up. Im in a similarly sized space as you sun yuan 4.5x4.5ft
          I would def recomend the lights i have. Platinum led but do alot of research watch some videos on YouTube. No need to rush get whatll work best for you. Good luck

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X