Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first grow

I'm a first time grower and want to share my plant pics

Can you tell us a bit about your set up and what strains you are growing?

Comment

My flowering chamber is an old wardrobe that I remodeled and painted on the inside then my veg chamber is an old trash can I found and I don't know my strains the plants in my flowering room are all Reggie seeds and the ones in my veg room are all dro seeds I'm a smoker so I saved seeds even tho I should have bought some online

Comment

The light in my flowering room is a 650 lumen Phillips dimmable and I have 2 fans that are out of those blow up Christmas decorations

Comment

• BuddMarsh
          BuddMarsh commented
          Editing a comment
          Your plants have a bit of stretch. If you get your light closer the plant will stay shorter, but make sure you check for leaf burn.

I had leaf burn so I'm careful when it comes to light distance and does my new light set up look OK I got a new red led and a 1490 lumen halogen bulb that puts off a lot of heat so I bought a fan to blow directly on the bulb idk the LEDs lumens but both my halogen and Phillips bulb put off 2140 lumens is that to much or not enough please help?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not enough light and it's the wrong kind of light. Halogen light bulbs do not work for plants. Get some CFLs they're pretty cheap and safe

• BuddMarsh
          BuddMarsh commented
          Editing a comment
          9 has it right. Halogens' light does nothing for your plants and they will most likely burn them. CFLs will work much better in your small space.

Have you been checking the temperature and humidity in your grow area?

Comment

I was checking temperature but my thermometer is cheap im thinking of getting a digital one that show humidity and temp. Can you guys tell me if my Phillips light and led light are good enough for the job.

Comment

Dump the Phillips light. Since $ is an issue replace it with CFLs with a reflector. Move your fan so that it will make the leaves moves without blowing directly on them. Do you have a way of bringing in fresh air? What are you feeding them and what type of water are you using?

Comment

I'm feeding them miracle grow and expert grower nutrients. The water I'm using is purified water I just refilled my jugs and yes I have a fan bringing in air from the outside and nits on a timer.the only reason my fan was angled like that was to cool that halogen bulb down and what type of CFLs

Comment

Where do I get a reflector and what type of bulb is this and will it work

Comment

Read the section on CFLs (http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-grow-lights)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X