No announcement yet.

Final transplant complete :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your garden looks great! Is it possible that the GSC with the yellowing leaves are more sensitive to light than the other plants? Some plants are particularly light-sensitive. I noticed the yellowing seemed worst under the LEDs, so I wonder if moving those particular plants to the edges of the grow might help stop the yellowing? Just curious, what nutrients have you been using and have you been checking the pH?

Can't wait to see how everything develops, they seem like they love what you're doing so far!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok so that yellowing disturbed the hell out of me too until I pulled it out into regular light and it is actually a pretty nice green color. Not lime not super light.. idk. Ok so I am using the go box nutes order additional cal mag already.. ph on first bloom feed was 5.35 going in and came out 6.39 so i figure its about 6.8? (in in soiless)... wrong kind of high :/ this feeding (full nutes) went in at 5.05 and out at 5.98 figuring its at 6.3? Does that sound right? Its really confusing because I started off w cheap soil in my 1 gal then been using hp pro mix with nothing else mixed with every transplant. Going to go with coco next run I think. I do have ph up and down but been hesitant to use because go box says shouldnt need it

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Also.. it appears that GSC is a different pheno type (way sativa) so its been getting taller faster. Its only 15 inches away from the lights and the others are between 20 to 17 inches. Going to look around the house for some things to stand them on to even them out but it def seems the best light is directly under the lights so dont want to train them out into the open spaces around the edges to much and on that note i think i was too ambitious planted to many.. either that or not let them get so big next time. Maybe manifold for only 4 tops or something.. These 5 are my only girls though so 1 extra is ok with me. 4x4 tent comes in tomorrow. Veg light came in today. Thinking i should move everything into the tent asap to help control the humidity as it starts picking up. Its at 60rh when door closed fan on high now but many inefficiencies think can get it way lower than that in the tent. Going to let the high rh/temp closet become my veg station

Thank you for looking at my stuff NebulaHaze I was just sharing your manifolding technique with some people today who only knew nugbuckets way. I love yours! Tried 3 different ones on this grow and by and far the plant I used yours on is the most even and beautiful looking bush to me

10 days in. Lights just came on for #11
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

This is the gsc that was kinda yellow under led. Actually looks like she is very happy with the feeding i just gave last night. Thinking to give her maybe even a slightly stronger nute solution next feed. Any thoughts?
      Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
      General Organics Go Box
      ProMix HP
      1>3>7 gal smartpots
      Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Looks very healthy to me! The color is perfect

Comment

• GDTRFB95
          GDTRFB95 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! You know at the same time I think maybe you were looking at one of my sweet tooths. Around week 3 or 4 it got a magnesium lockout and after a couple flushes is doing quite a bit better but idk I guess It's gotten a little better with each flush. Do you know should i need to be flushing every couple feedings with the gen organic go box? Keep seeing different things on that.. i plan to use a finishing flusher at the end but have been wondering are they good to use inbetween feedings? Will get some asap if itll help clear her up to have a better finish

These are my 2 sweet tooths. The one on the right is the one that's had the magnesium lockout issues. Its way more pronounced under the leds. This photo was at time of switch to 12 12
        Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
        General Organics Go Box
        ProMix HP
        1>3>7 gal smartpots
        Well water PH 6.38

Comment

They look good to me! Must have just been a trick of the light. It can be hard to see the color clearly under LEDs

Comment

beginning of day 14. Adjusted contrast and all that stuff. all the other plants are way behind this one, the Girl Scout cookie sativa leaning pheno.
            Last edited by GDTRFB95; 04-02-2017, 08:10 PM.
            Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
            General Organics Go Box
            ProMix HP
            1>3>7 gal smartpots
            Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Raised the lights about 2.5 inches yesterday and had to water. Seems they really like the go box bloom nutes. Only 3 days between feedings now. Have dialed in just what they need but wondering if could push the nutes a bit further. Ppm at full reconended feeding is only at 620. Contemplating stepping them up in increments until almost double that. I mean shouldnt ppm be at least 900?
              Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
              General Organics Go Box
              ProMix HP
              1>3>7 gal smartpots
              Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Day 15 😀
                Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
                General Organics Go Box
                ProMix HP
                1>3>7 gal smartpots
                Well water PH 6.38

Comment

I mean shouldnt ppm be at least 900?
                  The PPM really depends on the plant. If it seems like it's getting pale all over or at the bottom (not at the top) then it's a good sign it needs higher levels of nutrients overall. If you see tip burn it means you've hit the max the plant can use.

Here's all the things that can affect PPM numbers
                  • Each plant is different, and some want more nutrients than others
                  • Each nutrient system is different, and some are "stronger" and easier to burn your plants with. Chemical nutrients in particular burn a lot easier than organic nutrients. Imagine if water just had a bunch of inert dirt in it, it could have 2000 PPM and would have almost no nutrients in it, but 500 PPM of chemical nutrients could be enough to burn and kill your plant (since it's so easy to absorb the plant would take it all up at once).
                  • Different mediums hold onto nutrients differently (heavy soil holds onto nutrients very well and need overall lower levels of nutrients, while nutrients drain away easily in light soils)
                  • Every person's starting water is different. Your water could start with basically 0 PPM (Reverse Osmosis water) or 300 PPM (like my terrible tap water), which affects how the plant absorbs nutrients and what the final PPM should be
                  • Environment - for example plants need lower PPMs when it's hot or dry and they're drinking a lot
                  • To make things even more confusing, different TDS meters measure PPMs differently, and won't match with each other. So it's really hard to come to a "correct" PPM that applies to every grower.
                  At least for me, I pay attention to the plant, and use the PPM as a reference to see how it responds at your particular numbers. If I'm raising the PPM and the plant shows nutrient burn, I know that is too much PPM.

My only other piece of advice is to closely watch the natural color of the top leaves on your plant once they hit about Week 5-6 of the flowering stage. When you have a really great and powerful LED like yours, it can be easy to cause early yellowing to your top leaves. Certain plants can get picky in the flowering stage and need the light further away than they did before. When I've grown under LEDs it's easy to forget to check the plants in natural light, and sometimes you might miss yellowing if it happens gradually over a few days or weeks. Once you hit about Week 6 of the flowering stage, your plants can get REALLY finicky so it's good to keep a close eye of how it looks in natural light

That got really long, I'm not sure how!

The main point is your buds look very well developed for their age - a really great start to flowering!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
                    GDTRFB95 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am like falling in 💚 with you!! Hahahahahaha for real tho thank you. I actually lst'd some lastnight and gave some haircuts. Almost looks like a sea.. to me at least. Also raised the lights to around 20-22" away from the 18 to 20. Where a random branch would get to like 15 before I'd notice and train it back. Alowing any of 8 main tops to grow free in the center was a big mistake 😣. I hope what i did last night is ok but supercropped 2 that were way to tall compared to the rest. Like super cropped and tyed down one direction then back in the other to get it back in the center. All looks well today so think its ok but was freaky to do only ever suppercropped by breaking the inner hurd with the pinch and twist.

There is one thing concerning me.. going to try to take a good picture of something just noticed might be what you're saying with too much nutes or lights too close. I guess i could do a straight water for them tomorrow night instead of full feed. It's been a few weeks since didnt feed them something, reduce amounts or full

I think it was too much nutes. Tips are alittle light for my liking even on the bottom buds. This is the best picture i could muster(only one not under the led's). Basically all 3 gsc(taking shape already) have it to minor degrees. Sweettooths are a bit behind like a week or so. Not much beyond initial fem parts going on but looks to be starting up slowly. Wondering if they'll put on one last final stretch first. Cannot train them out any wider now but I still have 15 inches to play with lights staying 20" away from tops though so hope I'm ok in that regard
                  Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
                  General Organics Go Box
                  ProMix HP
                  1>3>7 gal smartpots
                  Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Finally got my tent up! So tonight I plan to move flower set up and my girls into the tent. Make my veg station inside the closet. Pop some seeds for the next round. Stoked!😄
                    Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
                    General Organics Go Box
                    ProMix HP
                    1>3>7 gal smartpots
                    Well water PH 6.38

Comment

• GDTRFB95
                      GDTRFB95 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was kind of neat to be zipped inside and it to be pitch black

• NebulaHaze
                      NebulaHaze commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've done that before too! Now you know it's lightproof

Day 20. Moved the ladies into the tent. Also left my small gsc clone behind to reveg. So far really like what its momma is doing so may want to revisit. Soaking Sb, Sstrawb, Lifesaver, Ghost OG x Lemon and Bubba Kush. Plan to grow them until flower room gets emptied around the end of May and move some in there some outside and also take a clone of each to veg the same plants again. I will have to sex out the BOG genetics so planting 3 of each to find at least 1 fem of each. Question for research.. If I continue to clone a plant does it start to have issues? Or can you clone the clone forever? Feel like ive heard there comes a point where quality suffers as well as pest resistance..idk where heard that though.
                    Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
                    General Organics Go Box
                    ProMix HP
                    1>3>7 gal smartpots
                    Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Originally posted by GDTRFB95 View Post
                      If I continue to clone a plant does it start to have issues? Or can you clone the clone forever? Feel like ive heard there comes a point where quality suffers as well as pest resistance..idk where heard that though.
                      This is a topic of great debate! So one thing for sure is you can take a clone of a clone for at least 10 generations and many years, because I've seen it happen There are clone-only strains that are at least 20 years old and older and still going strong, for example there are original OG Kush clones that supposedly have been propagating since the 90s! However, it's very important to only ever take clones of the most vigorous and fast-growing plants.

The problem is that after a while plants can start to get sort of weakened. Not that their bud comes out differently as much as you just end up with plants that aren't as vibrant and fast-growing. Good clones grow very fast, and seedlings come out of the gate running, but you'll sometimes have certain clones that just don't grow as fast and seem to have trouble "getting going" if you know what I mean. This is something that starts to happen if you keep a mother plant in the vegetative stage for a year or longer. They just don't seem happy, and their clones don't seem as happy.

However, it seems like being very careful to only choose the best mother plants goes a long way. It's important to take big clones so they start growing very fast from the beginning. You shouldn't take clones of plants that went through tough times, because it can also weaken their clones. Some growers will keep a mother plant for about a year, then pick one of the most special clones and make that be the new mother plant, so that you're only taking a clone of a clone once a year, yet keeping each plant more "fresh".

However, if someone really wants to make a strain available forever, in my opinion they should be spending those years trying to stabilize the strain with seeds using back-crossing and other breeding techniques!

Sometimes growers can stretch out a clone's genetics without running into the vibrancy issue by finding two plants that make perfect seeds together, and keep breeding them for seeds. So you could do the same technique as before, and you could make the strain last even longer since the seeds they make come out vigorous even after the mother plants start getting weakly. Whenever there's an "F1 Hybrid" strain, that's how they do it.

But in the end, the answer is that you can take clones of clones for a long time, but as the years go on it gets harder

Comment

• GDTRFB95
                        GDTRFB95 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok, so it will be sufficient to keep the genetics for a while. Idk.. I would like to mess around eventually crossing whatever i have here(if any males arise or friends have any)and try to develop a strain of my own. I will be getting more strains as well and I have more seeds of each of these also but figure if I get a good strong plant this time why not keep my favorites going at least. Thank you for everything Nebula you make my 💚 ☺

Just some pics of the seeds soaking and paper towels wrapped in a heating mat. Also tied down My Girl Scout cookie clone. Cuttings are from sweet tooth my buddy wanted them but I haven't gotten to him yet. They're starting to look a little bit shabby. So I'm really Diggin having access to my temperature and humidity in my grow tent while I am sitting in my room it is awesome lights are out and its 35% humidity 69 degrees Fahrenheit. I dig it. I guess I now need to start a new grow journal for this
                      Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
                      General Organics Go Box
                      ProMix HP
                      1>3>7 gal smartpots
                      Well water PH 6.38

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X