Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED lights in small grow box

Hey all

I am working with a (34.75" T x 16.5" W x 11.25" D) grow box equipped with a 20 W full spectrum LED panel. I have four plants, three LSD and one White Widow. I am aware it's low light, but it's been working good for the veg stage (I am 6 weeks into veg). I know it won't be enough for blooming however, so I am on the hunt for another panel. Because I am working with such a small space I am concerned about light burning my plants if the LEDs are too strong. This is the light I am looking at right now:

I am thinking of just taking out the light the box came with and hanging this one in. Is this a suitable idea?

From what little i know, I would be looking at two things, both related to your height of your grow box. 1st check the manufactures recommended height above the plants, a lot of LEd's are like 30" , so you might be at that limit now. The second is in that small space a lot heat is going to be generated and you will need to remove the heat someway.

Comment

• wynn94
      wynn94 commented
      Editing a comment
      My box is three feet, but when my plants were seedlings I noticed some slight stretching so I moved them closer to the light. This worked well and since then I haven't moved them. Now the plants are less than a foot away from the panel doing well, leading me to believe this LED I have is rather weak. From my knowledge LEDs seem to generate very little heat, but you are absolutley right about keepig that in mind. Luckily the marshydro I am looking at has a heat sink in the electronics, and currently my box bever gets above 75 F so a little more heat wouldn't bother.

Look at boss leds on ebay very affordable or u could get a spyder led with a dimmer also as plant get bigger they can be closer to the light remember 2 get the yeild u gotta have the light and the canopy plant count is irrelevant also look up the grow boss on youtube
    Last edited by Masi808; 03-12-2017, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X