Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! First Time Grower and Plants Look Weird! (6 days since germ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Just a quick update. The one that was purple seems to be doing better. It has grown a lot in the past day and the new leaves don't seem purple yet. Ill upload some pictures too. The other ones root was damaged when i transplanting it 3 days ago. So i think it is still trying to recoup from that and it is using it's cotyledons. It has grown a bit as you can see but not as much as the other. These photos are 1 week from sprouting.

Comment

Hey guys, I was really hoping to be able to change the name of this and make it kind of a newb grow journal. I don't think i can change the name so that sucks. I still plan to keep everyone that is interested updated on my first grow. I would also appreciate any advice you guys can give as i go along. So I tested my city water and it has the pH of 7.2 and the run off is 6.2 so i think i am good with the pH levels. I have just started to give them 1/4 strength Miracle Grow All-Purpose Water Soluble Plant Food. Not trying to advertise, just letting you know what I am using. I am aware there are better nutes. This is first time grow and I am doing this as cheaply as I can. I am currently working on making a carbon filter for me exhaust, as i can already catch faint whiffs of that danky aroma and they are only a couple weeks old. I have also done a quick 3D model of my computer case setup. I thought it might help other people in making there own. So man oh man do they really start to grow after those first few days. I will upload some pictures that were taken yesterday. The plants were 16 days old when the photos were taken. So how do they look? I am so surprised at how bushy they are growing and they are just bag seed. Did i get lucky and get a short bushy strain of genetics? It seems odd to me close all the nodes are, and all the new growth that cant get light, but they seem to be doing fine. To anyone new to this grow. They sprouted at the same time and are the same age, the smaller ones roots were damaged when it was only a few days old during a transplant and it stunted its growth for a few days, while the other was killing it lol. I am going to try to either top them or FIM. The larger one is starting its 5th node i think. So hard to tell because they are all so packed in there and the leaves. Should I FIM that node once it grow out a bit or wait? They already are growing really short and bushy. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Comment

They look great! They're actually a pretty nice size for their age! It's normal for them to grow with short nodes like that in the beginning. it means you're doing a good job and giving them enough light. After they grow a few more nodes they'll start growing more stretchy. If they're already at 5-6 nodes, now would be a good time to top or FIM them! If you try to take as little off the top as possible it will avoid stunting them, or some people like to cut down a little lower on the plant to have a lower base, but that does stunt it a little more. Since your plant is so compact I'm not sure you need to do that

The only thing I see that looks a little off is they look a little droopy like they've been overwatered. Are there plenty of drainage holes and are you removing runoff water out the bottom after your water? Are you waiting until the top inch is dry to the touch before watering again? Just curious, why do you have the tinfoil? I think it may possibly be trapping water in the medium, which could by why they look a little droopy. To get the best growth you want the roots to be wet, but with tons of available oxygen!

Overall they've grown so much since the last pictures, and their color is beautiful! They obviously like what you're doing!

Comment

Thanks for replying Nubela, It has been a while since I updated this thread but I now have the other grow thread up, so this one is just for future reference. To answer some questions you asked, there are plenty of drainage holes in my containers and yes I empty excess runoff when i water. I think they were droopy because i had been spraying them with a water bottle and trying to keep the humidity up but I may have made it too humid. I use the weight of the pot method to tell when its time to water now and it seems to be working fine. The idea behind the tinfoil was to reflect more light to the small and new secondary nodes growing underneath the make leaves. I didn't see how they could be getting any light at all. Thank you for the compliment on their color! They have had some leaf spots and yellowing since then so they aren't as beautiful now. I think it was/is a pH problem. Still just winging it for now on the pH. I ordered some test strips but haven't received them yet. They are alive though and now receiving 3/4 strength MG All-Purpose every other watering. They bigger one drinks so much more water than the small one. Also the main stem is getting THICK on the big one I would love if you checked out the new grow journal and see them now. I took your advice and FIMed one and topped the other. http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

This forum is this best ever. Another grow saved, well done one and all.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X