Buttons-Likes and Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons-Likes and Views

Whilst we all put images and info and advice onto this forum for selfless reasons in the altruistic nature of helping others it does take time and effort to undertake thisas well as an incrediblyslight risk cos no site is truly imperious to observation regardless of claims otherwise. So I find it frustrating how many views there are with no likes to acknowledge as to whether the posts were viewed as beneficial or not. If folks spend their time and effort trying to assist other, even in just downloading photo`s of existing grows then I feel that it is only respectful to acknowledge if this is useful. Why do I write this cos I spend time placing pic`s, etc on this site, get views but really do not know if this is beneficial or just pissing into the winds of indifference. I believe for most of us it is the former however, from other sites on different subjects I know that this has been an issue where people have stopped contributing due to perceived indifference.....Therefore I would just like to say, please click Like instead of just looking and moving on as it makes a big difference to all contributors, successful and not so....it`s nice to know your input is at least acknowledged and valued.

It is true that I do not always click Like when I do, in fact, like it. But when I do click Like, I mean it.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Still doesn`t help the person know that though....I could put an article called `Sheep Shagging and Dope Cultivation` and before Admin took it down I`d get views....does it mean there`s a load of cliff based Welsh flared wellie wearing sheep shaggers on this site....hopefully no but who can say. Not sre how that later bit helped
      Last edited by PaganRich; 03-11-2017, 08:44 PM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not personally a cliff based Welsh flared wellie wearing sheep shagger, but a few of my best friends are. ;-}

I agree totally with PaganRich , there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of feedback of any kind, positive or negative. I can take a critical revue. In fact I would appreciate everyone's views. C'mon bring it on, it's not like anyone really knows anyone anyway .Are there any more any words? hehehe
    Good topic.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Likewise....constructive criticism is often more useful than just a bland acknowledgement even

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What is so great about this forum is how supportive we are of each other. I like the Like button a lot!

There ya go buddy. I never remember frankly. Trying harder .
    Cheers
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Put that bong down!!!!!

I may not know much but what i do i pass along when i can. Still learning after all these years. Guess if you quit learning your dead right? I will hit the button more often than i have as i just figurd that out just a while back. Its nice to be able to get into from down to earth people like here. Everyone helps eachother out. That is what we are on this earth for to help others

Comment

I agree. Sometimes there isn't a place to like..in comment? Anyway- I will & thanks.
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a stellar idea! A like 'button' in the comments. what do You think about it NebulaHaze ?

I agree totally....if you like what is posted...then like it...

Comment

The like button is fairly meaningless. Comments are useful.
        SSD

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Politely disagree.....it at least recognises that you value the time and effort that person has taken to show you what you`re viewing

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with PaganRich on that. I will look at a post and click on the like without leaving any comment, because if I do not have any experience with or on the topic, then I do not have anything to add to the topic.

I don't want anyone to like anything I post unless you really like it. I won't whine about it. I won't refuse to share. I won't threaten to pull my knowledge (not that I have all that much knowledge). I won't say you are bad. I don't post to be popular or cool or to be 'top like getter'. I do post when I feel that I have something that might help, or like this when I just have an opinion to share.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I understand both sides of this. personally, I don't have time to spend hours on the forum, especially during the week, reading every little post let alone commenting on every single one. most times I also feel the like button is generic and impersonal. but at the end of the day it really is better than nothing at all.
          also keep in mind that posts get buried quickly especially on weekends. happened to me more than once I post something up and in a few hrs its buried pages deep. by then it's forgotten and you gotta repost on that thread to get it back to the top to be seen! posted a question Thursday, many views, zero responses. ya I was buttsore about it but I also know how it can happen.
          this forum may be the best I've seen out there, and its a great and diversified family, but its still a forum with forum baggage. so I try to keep my expectations realistic concerning the forum as a whole.

Comment

I view the Like button like a little tiny shot of affection or identification w/ something someone said. I like the Like button, but, like, I don't like take it too like personally...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Flockshot
              Flockshot commented
              Editing a comment
              Well put. Different strokes for different folks. Peace.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X