Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When shit kept hitting the fan... An example on how not to do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When shit kept hitting the fan... An example on how not to do it.

It's been a couple of crazy weeks! First the ballast broke, had to survive 34 plants on 2x250w CFLs for 9 days. You can imagine the stretch. Of all 34 plants 33 showed female flowers while light were 24/0 so figured they were feminized autoflowers. Bagseeds. From that point til now they've hermed one by one, down to 16... Been two days since last one showed it's true two-faced gender. Checking every plant from top to toe everyday, doing my best to stay on top of this idiotic growing scenario i put myself in. It's timeconsuming for sure. Did some major defoliation to make that herm-spotting-job a bit easier. Might just be digging a deeper grave stress herming even more plants, but i gotta be able to identify all herms.

Im wondering about the science of hermaphrodism. Lets say if a plant is geneticly vaunerable to a type of stress. Is it normal that it herms right away or can it wait 5 weeks and then pop a banana regardless of not experiencing that type of stress again?

Hoping i can keep this up and land this grow with as many true females as possible.

Any sudgestions, tips, hints are highly appriciated. Other than tossing it all, not giving up.
    Last edited by Xaliuz; 03-15-2017, 01:47 PM.

If possible, buy good seeds.

Comment

Buy your seeds at a good store not out of a bag!

Comment

I had a herm problem with some Blackjack seeds, some showed at 1 month from seed, some waited 3 months, there was no definite way that I figured to nail it down.

Comment

• Xaliuz
          Xaliuz commented
          Editing a comment
          Nooo Dont like the sound of that....................!

007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Most of them showed early, within 6 weeks, but the real heartbreakers were the ones that hermed after 3 months of veg and 2 weeks of flower They were giant, gorgeous beasts, and then they puked pollen all over themselves.

• Xaliuz
          Xaliuz commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats realy sad, sorry for your loss! I'm praying that my case aint that severe..

Day three without finding any new herms.. Just enough to give me some hope

Comment

Sorry about your run off bag luck....

If they all hermie...just keep growing them...good weed with seed is better than no weed at all...just saying

Comment

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            True dat mr.Green. Hate buying shit that originate from organized crime. Thanks for dropping by

Good day and hello from the bag-seed-weed-factory, coming up on day 6 without any herms. Getting more confident every day that there will be standing some simsillas left at the end. They all get a close up daily rutine for a full on sex check. The strech has been wild, about an inch a day now raging at between 24 and 32in closing in on the 3x. Layed them out according to hight and adjusted the reflectors to match the tilted almost flat canopy. The abuse continues as some of them grew mightly close to one of the 600w HPS and got lightbleached so will monitor them extra closly. Was so caught up with the herming it slipped my mind.. Orderd some vitamin-B supplement. They also drank alot of water when bingeating light and are now presented with a few hints of nutrient burns, aswell... Even the nitrogen claw while blooming. Can't be good. Grow and learn! Next grow there will be good genetics no matter what!

Comment

• Sonnyhad
            Sonnyhad commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice indeed.

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Tika & Sonnyhad , sorry didn't see you.. something funky was going on that day, my apologies!

Thank you guys, realy happy you enjoyed them! I get so calm, body and soul, while working in the greenroom - steady hands help get the picture resolution up

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like some strong sativa genetics mixed in there...

Awesome pictures..I kept one...thanks

Comment

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers

Plants can look a bit droopy just before lights out, right? This one seems to be realy sad. Half minute before dark period. Put my finger in the soil and it's not thirsty. Flower week 4

Comment

• Xaliuz
            Xaliuz commented
            Editing a comment
            And another girl was trans-gender. I accept everyone for who they are! But in my garden there's a strict segregation policy going...haha

She bounced right back after sleeping. Thinking it's about time to flush

Comment

Pretty lady...at full attention

Comment

• Xaliuz
              Xaliuz commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea! She totaly wants to become a christmas tree so I told her the decorations aint coming up for another 9 months and said she'll make her own

All plants flushed with plain PH'ed water. Don't have a EC meter but the runoff had some slightly brownish color to it. Another herm found, pollensacks were not open but it was about time before disaster struck, my fan can't handle that much shit.

Comment

On the account of not doing it right I'm doing it wrong. The 10A fuse was blown, so i exchaged it. It blew again. The timer was fucked, 17 hours off..I'm wondering how many hermes that will show themselves after this.....

Comment

I should be sponsored by a seedbank to stress test strains and give them feedback on which seeds and genetics that can survive the Xaliuz Program.

Comment

• Green75
                  Green75 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will get better

• Xaliuz
                  Xaliuz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess Mr.Green, thank you. Got determination working in my favor.

Day 35 from preflowers, starting to look real tasty! Temp is +/- 3 around 81F RH between 25-35%. Because of difference in height I placed the tallest on the ends and the smallest in the middle where the two 600w hps overlap. The herming seems to have taken a break, still checking them from top to toe everyday. Gave the girls quite strong nutrient watering the 25th and they exploded in growth and resin, will flush tomorrow as some tips are getting a bit more burnt.
                Last edited by Xaliuz; 03-28-2017, 04:29 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X