Setting up exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up exhaust system

Hi yall I just got my inline fan in today and figured I would try to get that up and then attach my filter when it comes in tomorrow. I have read the info on ventilation on the GWE site but have some additional qestions I've been thinking about. So here they are any help would be much appreciated.

I guess some info on my set up first would help. Im growing in a 4.5 x 4.5 foot closet with standard ceiling height. I have 2 platinumled p600 on hangers suspended from a closet pole I installed across the center of the space. One clip on fan attached at the doorway(no door i used industrial velcro and put a tarp for an opening) and there is a small humidifier i turn on here and there to keep around 70 percent while im in veg. Mostly the day before I need to water or if theres temp swings because its a weird winter/spring here in New England. On the wall opposite of the door is a crawlspace that is difficult to access and is fairly narrow/ non existent up by the ceiling where i would put the exhaust hole. One wall goes to a hallway and the 3rd is to the bedroom that is right now a walk in closet. Im thinking venting into the bedroom might be the best idea? Will a carbon filter really scrub out the smell? Or should i devise something else because the clothes in there cant smell like cannabis.

Other questions...

1. So the air intake hole. I understand the importance of size and location but what about light leak issues? So U have to bend the ducting to create a corner? I was hoping to not have to use ducting on the intake at all. So how does everyone here keep light doeasnt make it in?

2. Does the fan have to be positioned so the air flow is sideways or could I run the exhaust straight up through the ceiling? Was thinking I could remove the reg closet light and go right through there.

3. Also how do you seal a room for co2 if you are going to have a vent fan running? I dont understand that. Do you just turnoff the fan for a set period of time(as long as takes room to heat to max allowence?)set fan to turn back on on timer and figure out how long to cool down. And set it to cycle through like that?

i probably have more questions but these are the most important

thank you in advance for any help just want to say I am running around today so might not be able to reply much until I get home tonight and can actually undertake the instalation.
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Carbon filter will scrub the smell but the exhaust fan and ducting will send it to wherever you vent it to so YES that closet will stink! Trust me i run my ducting to my closet and i have to diffuse my essential oils after week 4 of flower cause regular plug-ins just dont work lol.

I dont quite understand your intake question but if its a closet i wouldnt worry about light getting in.

Yes you can run the exhaust straight up or sideways i started off straight up and then went sideways cause it was easier in my tent for space

I have no knowledge of CO2 outside of a tent setup but a closet grower will chime in soon.

Hope this helps, Peace and positive vibes to ya!
    Perpetual setup!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your input. I'm drawing some blueprints up right now haha

So after much thought. I still dont know how I can safely secure the fan and filter anywhere without interfering with other equipment or creating a hazardous situation for the room in process. Although it is not ideal.. would it work to have the exhaust on the floor and a passive intake up high? Until this grow finishes and I can het in and really work on venting directly outside? Been done before I'm sure. Just thinking with lower heat of led it might be fine. Any thoughts?
    Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      My first grow was in a old caravan, made a hole in the floor and installed a pipe that went close to the roof with a scrubber ontop

Not ideal but will it get me through a harvest? Theres a 6inch carbon filter on the inside of the tent. 0 ducting. Noise is very small and fan is on 100% power. Temps at 72 and looking good. Have to turn humidifier up untill i get my controller for my fan on tuesday and hopefully adjusting can cut down on that. Its a very small humidifier but has been clutch! lol
    Current Grows:

4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

Comment

That will work! Keep an eye on your canopy temps with the scrubber being low to the ground the humidity in the air will take longer to cycle out but shouldn't be too much of an issue until mid summer when outside humidity is highest
      Perpetual setup!

Comment

• GDTRFB95
        GDTRFB95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! I had to turn it off until my speed adjuster arrives. Humidity fell alot. Going to set it up proper in june when this round is done. Def going to come in handy once temps start to rise

• NA420
        NA420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was going to say depending on size but you obviously have a bigger one. Yeah humidity is low thanks to this cold March, very unusual for the east coast and I'm over it lol. Peace!

• GDTRFB95
        GDTRFB95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im thining the 4" would have been more than enough but the cubic feet said differnetly. Betting it will come in handy in the summer time though. Gets awfully hot and sticky in that part of the house. Going to put my ac for my room in there amd just deal lol

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X