1st time grow progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time grow progress?

I have 4 plants (3 LSD 1 white widow) I am growing hydroppnically w/ LEDs in a (34.75" T x 16.5" W x 11.25" D) grow box . They are almost 6 weeks old in the vegetative stage. This is my first ever grow and I want advice on how my plants look and any tips for moving forward into blooming w/ hydroponic LEDs. Any help or notes at all will be much appreciated! 😇

Concerns:
    1.The box came w/ a 20 W full spectrum LED, but I have been supplimenting here and there with two 5 W red/blue LEDs. Idk if they are doing anything but they aren't hurting as far as I can tell! I am worried that this will not be enough light for blooming, however. I am doing a 24 hr light cycle.

2. I waited too long probably, but can I still train my plants? It's cramped but I want to try it if I can, probably low stress methods.

3. I was blessed with a cotyledon! I have noticed it is shorter than the other plants, I am wondering if this is typical for tripods (as I call them), or perhaps it isn't getting enough light? Also any cool things that other growers noticed about their tripods would be great info.

Are they photos or autos and what are all ur varuables? Nutes how many lights/true watts I have a couple candy cane witch is a cross of white widow and mango she's an auto flower if u wanna see her I have a post of my grows, autoflower time line is the name of the post

Comment

i grow in soil tho

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for breaking it down to lumens for me, I will look into the lights you recommended!

• tyler_ hobbyist
        tyler_ hobbyist commented
        Editing a comment
        Ur welcome if u ever have questions people dnt answer feel free to message me and I will help u the best I can

I'm in soil also but never too late to trim and train I say. I would thin out a few of those big fan leaves that are shadowing branches and either tie down a few branches to sides of pot to expose more nodes or start a scrogg and start tucking branches . Roots look awesome and plants look really healthy. What are the nutes ? Looks like you are using nitro ?
      2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!! Yeah I am using some chem nutrients the growbox came with. It's a two part solution mix... the lables include Nitrogen, Soluble Potash, Calcium, phosphate, molybdenum. Will trimming the plant harm it at all? I am totally new to this haha.

1. Your plants look very healthy. A little browning on the lower leaves but they look good. Your light output is low but for your setup it will work.
      2. You can train your plants anytime. Later in flowering you will typical not do so but LST can be performed virtually anytime.

You probably want to switch them to 12/12 soon and start training them immediately. I am not familiar with your strains but most plants double or triple in size by the 3rd to 4th week of flowering. You reservoir is small and plants really start consuming water early on in flowering. You will have challenges like all of us but it looks like you have a great start. Good luck!

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreicate the info! Do you know what might be causing the browning? Low light?

Welcome to the forum, Wynn, your girls look fantastic!! Look at those phat leaves and lovely roots!!
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much!!

The plants look good. 45w light? I would say more light for bloom for sure. What is that you're using on the walls for reflection?
      Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
      4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've actually only got a 20 Watt full spectrum LED panel. I suppliment here and there with two 5 Watt (total 10 Watt) blue/red bulbs on a goose neck so I can aim light where I need. However the two bulbs are not full spectrum LED, I have just been experimenting w/o noticing much differnece either way. I am thinking of purchasing a seperate LED pannel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XC...I3VGXNPUJXPCT8

For when I switch to bloom. Idk if that's too much light though. The box has 'infrared blocking technology' but pretty sure its just reflective mylar.

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        If u want a good cheap led light I use the bestva 1000w it's the equalivent of a 1000w but only pulls 200watts from the wall works amazing for the price of 130bucks either ebay or amazon. The bestva do raise the tempature but in my 1.5x6x8 foot space it only raises the temp about 5 degrees or so

• tyler_ hobbyist
        Editing a comment
        U want roughly 7500-10,000lumens per sqf less than that will also work but the lower the lumens per sqf the slower the growth.

Go thru this site and you will not only get all the direction you need but illustrations and any questions.... just ask. There are some wizards lurking in this group and you cant buy that advice. It looked like perhaps a little nitrogen rich but plants are healthy. Trimming will stimulate the plant but will slow down for a couple days . If you are close to flower I would do it now. Take some big leaves near the bottom and try to open up the canopy a little. I would do just 10 or 20 leaves and leave it for a few days and look over again. I like the scrogg method where you are stretching and placing branches under the scrogg trying to spread that canopy out to the walls for maximum light penetration hence more buds !!Take a moment to read thru the guides in this site.They will guide you thru every stage. I also U-tube questions as I learn more from watching. If you look into trimming or scroggs you will get more than you can watch.Keep us posted !
      Cheers
      2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

• wynn94
        wynn94 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for all the info, I just posted a picture of my attempt! Any feedback welcomed!

Training attempt: 4 black lines indicate exposed stems. How does this look?

Comment

It looks good the only thing I would change is use the string/tape and put the stem on the wall try ur hardest to let the tops of the leaves get the light. (they act like solar panels) for energy

Comment

• wynn94
          wynn94 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thought that might be an issue👍

Find all the latest cannabis news and the latest Dutch Passion cannabis blogs. This is the place to grow your knowledge about all things to do with cannabis.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X