Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just need a little support from the animal lovers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tat, I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I hope this is comforting. A good friend recently lost her pomeranian to CHF, but even though she one of those special favorite out of many pets come and gone, my friend friend found it very comforting that CHF is common and predictable, and her vet walked her step by step over the 2 years they dealt with it, pretty much the same as people with CHF, how great the drugs work to make your dog feel better, and what things would look like when the end came near. Not that it makes it any less sad, but of all the shitty ways to lose our loved ones, CHF is one of the gentler ones to face.

We're blessed to have them for a while, and we thank them by letting them pass gracefully and gently, however sad it makes us.
    Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      AMEN, AMEN!! I thought of you and your baby yesterday, driving home, and I appreciate the story you share today. My baby has had some symptoms for a little while, and because I was in denial, I didn't take her to the vet. So it really is one day at a time for me and her right now, and I've learned a very important lesson about being in denial. Blue is taking her meds, though, and I'm waiting to hear back about the EKG.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like your vet is very thorough, and your little friend is in good hands. That is a huge comfort.

I wish I could give you the biggest hug and be that shoulder. I totally undertand being a bit of a loner myself my dog has been the best companion and has saved my life. Heart goes out
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much, GD, I really feel all the compassion and concern coming out of this thread. So glad to be among friends who understand.

Pets are family members. Best wishes.

Comment

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea i feel you. Living alone with my dog, bestfriend, partner in crime, son, head of security, bedmate spooning buddy, all in one soul. 100% honesty. 100% soulmate. I soo truly hope you will have allot of time with yours, may the medication work and give you time to continue bonding. Make every day count. Love.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes me laugh and cry at the same time, Xaliuz. When I had the flu in Feb., the two huahuas spooned me, one on each side, and basically didn't leave for three full days I had fever and stayed in bed. I don't even know if they ate. It was awesome.

• Xaliuz
      Xaliuz commented
      Editing a comment
      Now Thats loyalty

Hugs to you Alltatup 💚 Your love for your comrade is just so special....that bond is precious beyond words! Recently one of my feline girls passed in a way that reassured me of the two-way love we had. She was slowly losing an end of life illness, and one night she crawled up to my face while I was sleeping...gave me a cat kiss and some purring. Upon returning from work the following day, she was sprawled out on floor...looking quite lifeless. I stroked her stiff body, and her paws started to move as cats do when they "knead" their mothers (or significant others). Several moments after...she was gone from her body. I will never forget this experience, which reassured me that she knew my love for her! My sincerest wishes that you always get comfort from the bond you and your comrade have shared! 🌻
    Current grows...http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ime-collection
    Recent grows...
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...n-og-haze-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ss-cheese-auto
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...-2-we-love-you

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's really beautiful, rockman, really beautiful. I am moved beyond words. Thank you.

This thread makes me sad and happy at the same time! You guys <3

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it's really special.

007 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know how much love I have for my pets, and reading about you and yours, and everyone else's, makes you appreciate what you have and how long you have it for, makes you feel for others, it is special

All I can say is I am in your stream...with my oldest...not knowing when but when is coming. The last time I left the vet the vet and tech cried...he is still with us. Not thoroughly diagnosed.
    my point: I am with you, no- it is not ok and no- it is not just a dog.
    It hurts, it will continue to hurt BUT what an animal loves is that you do what you love because they are included in that well being. When there is discernible discomfort you will know and do the right thing.
    my ashes, my cats ashes and my dogs ashes will be combined and spread together.
    i can't make you feel better nor do I try. Just saying I gather and am with you full heart ❤️
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Just saw this Tika. Thanks for strong and wise words.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your pooch. So many pet lovers on this forum, it is heartwarming. I hope the new meds are helping. In case the vet did not tell you, be careful not to give salty treats (like ham or jerky). When my dog is sick we usually feed him whatever he is willing to eat to make him happy, but certain foods can aggravate his condition.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I know to avoid salt so I am cooking very low salt. I have to mix something in with her dry food to disguise the pills. I made ground turkey pasta sauce with lots of organic veggies last night and she loves that.

My dog loves Rick Simpson oil!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to investigate whether it will do anything for congestive heart disease...

My dog was diagnosed with advanced cancer 9 MONTHS AGO. These photos were taken less than one hour ago she looks like she suffers huh?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      She's a wonder dog for sure, DKN!!! She's awesome!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X